VX20 Locker lids coming off!

My VX20 is just over 3 years old. In the past few months the rivets have failed on 3 locker lids and the lids came off. The only things holding them in place were the latches. The first was fixed under warranty. The other 2 failed this weekend at a tourney and the boat just came off warranty. It is extremely disappointing and unacceptable to have this happen on a high dollar boat. I never had this happen on previous Rangers or a Legend. I've contacted Vexus and hope they will take care of it but even then it will cost $80 of diesel and a couple weeks of downtime to take it to my dealer.

Have any of you had issues with this happening?

2. Member
    Not yet and hopefully not at all.

If it’s any consolation my buddy’s 2020 Ranger is doing the same thing.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s with Blue tooth for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger, Minn Kota Quest TM.

4. Member
    Can't say that helps. This is inexcusable on a high end boat.

5. Member
    Don't take it 2 them make them come and get it and bring it back made that mistake once and what a cluster **** that was next 2 times made them pick it up and bring it back

6. Member
    I have had a VX20 for 4 years and never had a lid come off. Are the rivets pulling thru ?

7. Member
    They seem to just be breaking. Hard to tell why.
    It's at the dealer now being fixed.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerranger View Post
    My VX20 is just over 3 years old. In the past few months the rivets have failed on 3 locker lids and the lids came off. The only things holding them in place were the latches. The first was fixed under warranty. The other 2 failed this weekend at a tourney and the boat just came off warranty. It is extremely disappointing and unacceptable to have this happen on a high dollar boat. I never had this happen on previous Rangers or a Legend. I've contacted Vexus and hope they will take care of it but even then it will cost $80 of diesel and a couple weeks of downtime to take it to my dealer.

Have any of you had issues with this happening?
    I understand your pain but I would be very surprise if Vexus did not warranty that. It's my experience with Vexus that they will take of their customers in or out of warranty. I have a 2020 VX20 (that's a mouthful) and they have worked with me on a couple of issues. They stand behind their boats completely.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dls View Post
    I understand your pain but I would be very surprise if Vexus did not warranty that. It's my experience with Vexus that they will take of their customers in or out of warranty. I have a 2020 VX20 (that's a mouthful) and they have worked with me on a couple of issues. They stand behind their boats completely.
    They have had warranty claims on the welds on their aluminum hulls. From what I have heard, it is a mixed bag as to who and what they covered under warranty. Not a good sign

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    They have had warranty claims on the welds on their aluminum hulls. From what I have heard, it is a mixed bag as to who and what they covered under warranty. Not a good sign
    It’s not alot of fun I can tell you. Once I received a new hull I sold mine. Customer service was good but the product not so much.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s with Blue tooth for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger, Minn Kota Quest TM.

11. Member
    They took carry of it under warranty. Of course I lost the boat for 10 days and spent about $80 on diesel going back and forth.

12. Member
    Vexus took care of it even though it was out of warranty...that's fantastic! I wouldn't be complaining over 10 days lost and $80 in fuel. JMO
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerranger View Post
    They took carry of it under warranty. Of course I lost the boat for 10 days and spent about $80 on diesel going back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Carrillo View Post
    Vexus took care of it even though it was out of warranty...that's fantastic! I wouldn't be complaining over 10 days lost and $80 in fuel. JMO
    +1

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    I can't say about the AVX mine is a VX fiberglass.