Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wanted to be a pilot...ended up being an aircraft mechanic.

Always liked flying and fixing things. My old man was a master mechanic for Detroit Deisel, so the apple didn't fall far from the tree.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

2. Member
    I wanted to be a soldier. So I enlisted at 17.

3. Member
    I wanted to be a fishing guide or charterboat captain.

4. Member
    Good

I don't remember wanting to be anything in particular when I was a child, except maybe a cowboy like the Lone Ranger. As an early teen, Dad told my brother and I that we could be anything we wanted to be except a cop or a "nosey newsy" (a news reporter). His rationale was that both would turn on their family if they had to...whatever! As I got older, becoming a teacher began to have a lot of appeal. I was sure that being a high school history teacher was my calling...one major reason was that I could fish all summer! For the first two years of college, I was a history major and then changed to a Sociology major because of a Criminology class that I loved. I was also taking courses to become a teacher...until I did my September experience in the fall of my Junior year. I did it at my old high school. One of the best things every done for me was when a former teacher of mine made me supervise the cafeteria study hall. I decided that there was no way I was going to put up with that bull crap for an entire career. That's when I realized that I wanted to go to grad school and be a college professor.

Back when my son was growing up, he went through a period in his mid-teens where he was really lackadaisical about his future. One night at dinner, he told my wife and I that he decided what he wanted to be when he grew up. We asked what. He said,. "I want to own a strip club! Would you guys lend me the money to get started?" My answer was, "I'm glad you have been thinking about your future. I'll lend you the money as long as I get to interview the dancers!" Of course, my wife didn't think it was very funny! I told her, "At least he's finally set a goal for himself!"
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

In grade school I wanted to be a Mineralogist or even into Archeology. By Jr. High, A Bass Pro. Kept that one my whole life but had a lot of obstacles in the way to do it how I wanted to.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

7. Member
    Forestry/Wildlife Management from when I was young till I started to college in ‘71 and realized all of the science and math I would have to study. Ended up teaching history and coaching for 27 years after graduating college. Best move I ever made because of the young teacher I met that became my wife.

8. Member
    I wanted to be just like my Dad - he was my hero and a brilliant man.

I wanted to test sporting goods and write columns for an outdoor magazine. Loved reading Homer Circle columns.

Astronaut/Scientist. Hence, degrees in Aerospace, but never worked in it. After the Army I got my Masters and sort of stumbled into medical research.
    2018 Nitro Z18 w/175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

11. Member
    I want to be a pro bowler but that dream came to and end in 1985 when and industrial accident took 2 1/2 years of surgery and therapy to get back to my bowling in league and tournaments. Im still doing both after 59 years.
    Building and Fishing custom jigs
    Since 1977
    12.9 2006
    12.5 1998
    Favorite Lakes
    Eastman Lake
    Hensley Lake

12. triton
    A Marine and that happened, am still very proud of my time with my brothers.. Totally disabled
    now from my service but the VA takes good care of me .....

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

A firefighter, and I did it.... Very rewarding career. Retired at 40, 11 years ago. Now it's mailbox money and Industrial Maintenance in the Aerospace and Defense Industry. 4 years ago I started my own bait company. Now a new dream has emerged. One of these days I'll get it in the right persons hands, and they will hit the right stage and drop my name. Believin' it......
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLg...p5PdhSA9Dw9cRA

02 Triton TR 18
    02 Evinrude 150
    Garmin Striker Plus 9SV

14. Member
    homocide detective
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

15. Member
    Pro football Player. If it wasn't for the lack talent and size, I would have made it.

16. Member
    My name is Joe Grave ,I wanted to be an undertaker.

17. Member
    Railroad engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    When I was about 6 years old I wanted to drive a bulldozer when I got bigger. I was fascinated with heavy equipment.
    Same here always had Tonka trucks and loved watching them use the heavy equipment.

19. Member
    No lie, I wanted to be a pro fisherman. Grew up reading Bassmaster

20. Member
    Construction worker

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast