Helix12 questions

Currently I have 2 helix 12’s on the now. One is a msi+gps g4 n Cho. I have my mega si+ di + duel spectrum transducer connected to it. My other unit is helix12 mdi +gps g4n Cho with my mega 360 connected to it. I ran my active lock live to a 5 port box with both units also connected to the box. Is all this going to work I haven’t tried it on the water yet only in the garage.

You will probably have cross-talk issues with that installation unless you turn off the unit with the SI transducer connected or don't use the MEGA Imaging frequency.
    For a trouble free operation, you connect the MSI+ transducer and MEGA 360 to the same unit via M 360 Y cable. When you do that 2D, DI, and the two SI piezos (M360) are pinged in a sequence so they cannot cross-talk.

The MEGA 360 is a rotating Side Imaging transducer so it does either Side Imaging or 360, but not at the same time.
    It replaces SI on a SI+ model and adds SI to a DI+ model.

If you have MEGA LIVE/Target Lock, it will be affected by the non-sequenced Imaging of the two units. A proper installation lets the MEGA LIVE's Interference Rejection setting deal with cross-talk since it can change its ping sequence to fit in with the others.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thank you for the response I just ordered the the Y cable. Does it matter witch unit I hook ea up to seeing one is a msi and the other is mdi.

Quote Originally Posted by lobsterman0476 View Post
    Thank you for the response I just ordered the the Y cable. Does it matter witch unit I hook ea up to seeing one is a msi and the other is mdi.
    No, it makes no difference.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL