Thread: Covid effects

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I'm on day 8 of my second round with covid. Picked it up traveling on business last week. Actually just thought it was a mild chest cold. Weak onset compared to the last time.
    Only thing is, i've woken up drenched in sweat every night for the last 7 days except for last night. And I would bust out in a sweat doing the most mundane activity, like taking out the trash.
    So we had a spare covid test laying around and I decided to take it yesterday. Positive.
    But today is the first day where my cough/congestion is noticeably absent.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

2. Member
    I lost my taste for alcohol in my early 40's.(I'm 60 now) I used to drink at least a 6 pack a day, but just got to where I didn't like it anymore. This was a long time before Covid.

I had Covid back in November. I wasn't that sick, and didn't lose taste of smell. No treatment, just rest. However, it's taken me forever to get my stamina back. A couple weeks after Covid I'd get out of breath changing channels on the TV with the remote. I've never had problems like that before. It took 3 or 4 months to get my wind back. I still have a cough. My Doctor says the post covid cough could last as much as a year. FWIW regarding the cough, I'm a non smoker, and have never been a smoker. Also, FWIW I was vaccinated, and received one booster.

3. Member
    Covid has aggravated my osteoarthritis especially in the hands/fingers and knees. Spoke to the Doc about that and he said yes, it causes inflammatory reactions in the body and the arthritis, being an inflammation, is often worsened. He said it might settle down in a year or so…. But so far, hasn’t.

My one (known) bout with Covid was little more than some sniffles and feeling a bit tired for a few days.

I have kept up to date with all vaccinations.

Before Covid was in the news very much, I had what I thought was a mild cold. Have not been ill since. However, my taste is a little messed up since that "cold". Never lost sense of taste completely, but about everything tastes bland. Maybe 'nothing tastes really good anymore' is a more accurate description.
    Nitro Z8 / 250 Pro XS Optimax

5. Member
    I had all the shots, from November '23 I got Covid twice, some respiratory illness once, flu once, shoulder just about froze up and fighting dizziness, balance and blood pressure and heart rate issues. I'm blaming it all on covid. Seriously I don't have the same taste, especially fruits which I loved. They taste rotten now. Also have a lingering cough for 6 months and Dr filled out a form of some kind on my Covid dates and shoulder issues. Go figure

6. Member
    Never had Covid and I haven't been sick in years. Of course I don't usually socialize with hardly anyone. Socializing with a group of people wether at home or their home, or going out to eat,bar costs more money than people think. We used to do that,and my cousin told me to think very hard about the cost. He was right! We saved that money and I haven't been sick from people that just love to share their nasty colds,flu, and whatever they have. I really don't miss that at all!

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...64410X24001270 Just had this study pop up in my email, I have not read through the protocols or methodology yet, I just glanced down to the findings
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

8. Member
    No effects. 1 shot and had it once after. I lost 90% of taste and smell for a couple days. Hate ranch dressing so I tried it then. It was still nasty.
    I've had worse hangovers than COVID-19

9. Member
    I have had it a few times. Initially in March 2020 before it was identifiable. At the time I was recovering from a TBI with complications that have persisted for a few years. The cocktail effect of the Covid and TBI was long lasting. I was diagnosed with dementia and that was downgraded to long Covid after 18 months. The jury is still out on the dementia. My symptoms from the cocktail resulted in being prescribed meds for focus and anxiety which have been life changing to the positive. I have not listened to a radio since this started. The constant bombardement with sensation adds created solar flares mentally is the best way to describe it. Same for televison adds. It flat out screws me up. For a long time my sense of taste and smell were altered. Most of that has returned.

10. Member
    I had it once that was verified by a doctor. I was sick in February, and after I'd recovered put all the pieces together and realized it was exactly like the first time, but not as severe. So I think I've had it twice, but only verified once.

Never had any issues with taste or smell, but it knocked my strength and stamina way back. The first time I had it I was running a 10K right around an hour, and I have never gotten back to that pace. Some of that is due to old knees and arthritis, but not all of it. After the second bout, I'm almost back to being able to finish a 10K, but I'll be almost 15 minutes slower.

11. Member
    I lost all my hearing... Mostly when my wife is nagging at me.

12. Member
    I had it twice. Still have lung/out of breath issues from having it at Christmas of 2022. 16 months now.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by vatreefarmer View Post
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...64410X24001270 Just had this study pop up in my email, I have not read through the protocols or methodology yet, I just glanced down to the findings
    Thanks for the link.
    Interesting numbers regarding myocarditis in the U.K. and Australia in young males.

Maybe it's a coincidence....but after getting covid the first time I take pills for high blood pressure. During my time with covid I was not bed ridden and carried on pretty much as normal.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

15. Member
    Since I had Covid three years ago I've noticed I've become 3 years older. Those are the side effects "they" don't want you to know about.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123