Caracal STS questions

I’m interested in the new Caracal, but haven’t had the opportunity to see/ride/drive one yet. Is the hull based off the old Caracal? I’ve owned a Puma FTD and two Eyras, wondering how it compares to these models. Also, when will info be out on the 2025s and around what time will the 2025s be available to order?

Northern Cincinnati Ohio Close Enough like it or not its where I am
    Someone who'm knows will belong soon I'm sure. My understanding is its new and Improved design. If I had to guess closer to a shorted Puma STS since the width is the same.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

It is based on the Caracal frame and depth, with the STS features added and lots of hull tweaks that change several aspects. So while it is a Caracal in origin, the hull is far from that in performance. It is about 3" deeper at the bow over the Puma STS, and the hull has a different transition. It handles waves well, while the vee cuts water, and the hull doesn't side slop and hit hard. They took some areas and changed them to improve that ride over areas on other STS platforms. For the hull length it is really good in rough stuff, and this hull is shorter than the other STS hulls in the planing surface.

Dealer meeting is in August and there has been no formal announcement on when they will begin release of the 2025 models. Usually they release after July 1st. Legally every boat manufacturer must release model year by no later than August 1st, and can start on June 1st, though not legally before. Orders are not flowing in for 2025, as they have not released the programs and pricing yet. Mercury just released their pricing two days ago, thus we expect it soon.

We would be glad to help if you need more info.

BCB

Northern Cincinnati Ohio Close Enough like it or not its where I am
    Good info Thanks!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    It is based on the Caracal frame and depth, with the STS features added and lots of hull tweaks that change several aspects. So while it is a Caracal in origin, the hull is far from that in performance. It is about 3" deeper at the bow over the Puma STS, and the hull has a different transition. It handles waves well, while the vee cuts water, and the hull doesn't side slop and hit hard. They took some areas and changed them to improve that ride over areas on other STS platforms. For the hull length it is really good in rough stuff, and this hull is shorter than the other STS hulls in the planing surface.

Dealer meeting is in August and there has been no formal announcement on when they will begin release of the 2025 models. Usually they release after July 1st. Legally every boat manufacturer must release model year by no later than August 1st, and can start on June 1st, though not legally before. Orders are not flowing in for 2025, as they have not released the programs and pricing yet. Mercury just released their pricing two days ago, thus we expect it soon.

We would be glad to help if you need more info.

BCB
    Thanks for the info!