Thread: 2" spacers?

2" spacers?

I am trying to get more lift on the bow and speed on my 2018 Triton 19trx Patriot Mercury 225hp 2-stroke. I added 2 degree wedges between the motor and the 4” hydraulic jackplate. Can I add 2” spacers behind the wedges? or should I remove the wedges and just use spacers?

2. Member
    not a fan of spacers or wedges , just to many moving parts there man , get you a good jack plate and dialed in prop and roll on
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    I wouldn't do both. Remove the wedges and try the spacers. BUT, you probably need more that 6". 8-10 should be the sweet spot for you.
    Chad St. Pierre
    Paulina LA 70763

4. Member
    ^^^^+1 ...... 8in
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Additionally, Mercury issued a Service Bulletin about using ANY type of device that is a wedge, spacer or bracket on the engine mounting hardware. NOTHING between the engine and it's mounting surface.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    I’ll try removing the wedges and adding the spacers.

Isn't the 19trx the one with the gas tank midships under the floor? Sound familiar Joe?

Making good people helpless has never made bad people harmless.

8. Member
    I have a practically new set of BoBs 2inch if you are interested. Tried them on my boat and didn't see a improvement so pulled them after one use.

9. Member
    Dang it! Thank you for the offer, but I ordered them last night.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    Isn't the 19trx the one with the gas tank midships under the floor? Sound familiar Joe?
    yes sir sure does , ride good , lift not so good and when weight is added to front it kills um

11. Member
    I'm returning the spacers. I ordered the TH Marine 4" setback plates. Now I will have 8" of setback plus the 2 degree wedges. I am hoping this will get me going.

12. Member
    you running BOBS billet wedges or cast wedges

13. Member
    I would not run 4" spacers. Best move is to buy the correct jackplate and sell what you currently have. IMHO

14. Member
    TH marine are cast aluminum wedges.
    I've used their reverse wedges on small hp whaler repowers.
    I use Bob's most of the time.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    I would not run 4" spacers. Best move is to buy the correct jackplate and sell what you currently have. IMHO
    You do realize TH marine Atlas jackplates use spacers to reach 8 10 12 inch plates. Another reason I run only Bobs.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

16. Member
    BOBS

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    You do realize TH marine Atlas jackplates use spacers to reach 8 10 12 inch plates. Another reason I run only Bobs.
    Yes I know this.......I run a 10" Bobs.

18. Member
    They are 4” fixed jack plate brackets, not spacers. The 2 degree wedges are from TH marine. I spoke with the right people and they said it was the way to go. I’ll report back with the results once she’s all set up and out on the water.

19. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    No- they use setback brackets that are designed with their jackplate, and they do not mount to the Engine Mounting Fasteners. Very different from "spacers".

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

20. Member
    Exactly! Thank you!