22 Fury (3-blade) vs 22 Tempest

How do these compare in terms of performance, all other things equal (like same prop to pad height; same boat)? Does one provide better bow lift? Stern lift? Are the RPMS typically about the same? Or is one usually a little higher (again, same boat, same P2P; same motor; same conditions)
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

Tempest usually will have more bow lift . Probably 150 more rpm or even more if you need the added bow lift
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

3. Member
    Thx. I do feel like my Ranger is bow-heavy, with the Ghost, two Lowrance units; a BBT double bow mount; and the ActiveTarget2 module. Wonder how it would impact the ride with more bow lift?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bman5150 View Post
    Thx. I do feel like my Ranger is bow-heavy, with the Ghost, two Lowrance units; a BBT double bow mount; and the ActiveTarget2 module. Wonder how it would impact the ride with more bow lift?
    get a 4 blade xl from mark and or a bravo1 and you will likely love that prop

i heard a fury is closer to one higher pitch on a tempest? furys run stiffer?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    @mactman - my only concern with a bravo is that I’ve always heard they tend to lift the stern more than a 3-blade. But im not too familiar with the Bravo. I have a Trophy Plus that I haven’t tried (23p) but again, I know with my Triton that Trophy definitely lifted the rear more than the tempests I had.

6. Member
    @mactman - my only concern with a bravo is that I’ve always heard they tend to lift the stern more than a 3-blade. But im not too familiar with the Bravo. I have a Trophy Plus that I haven’t tried (23p) but again, I know with my Triton that Trophy definitely lifted the rear more than the tempests I had.
    i would try the trophy, just keep it deep as they throw blades i would love to try one soon also going to get a xl from mark likely--
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    MAGA

7. Banned
    Tempest lifts the bow better and runs faster than a Fury does on my boat.

8. Member
    I don’t have a jackplate so I can’t adjust the depth of the prop or prop-to-pad. That’s one reason I’m not thinking the Trophy would work well with my Ranger given what I’m trying to accomplish. Still, I probably should at least try it since I’ve got one on hand, lol!
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

9. Member
    I don’t have a jackplate so I can’t adjust the depth of the prop or prop-to-pad. That’s one reason I’m not thinking the Trophy would work well with my Ranger given what I’m trying to accomplish. Still, I probably should at least try it since I’ve got one on hand, lol!
    have you measured ptp? knowing that might help the prop choices!
    MAGA

10. Banned
    You really need a jack plate, even if it is just a manual one.

11. Member
    I’d get a jp but can’t because of garage space. Don’t have an inch to give as my rig barely fits as it is even with all sorts of space expanding tricks.

12. Member
    I don't know about anyone else's experience, but I had trouble with the stern sitting too low when I added 2 12' Talons to my Champ 203. A Bravo lifted the stern in a way the Trophy never did. I ended up removing the Talons and hated the way the boat ran with it. Put the Trophy back on and got back my bow lift.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    I don't know about anyone else's experience, but I had trouble with the stern sitting too low when I added 2 12' Talons to my Champ 203. A Bravo lifted the stern in a way the Trophy never did. I ended up removing the Talons and hated the way the boat ran with it. Put the Trophy back on and got back my bow lift.
    Thank you for sharing your experience. That’s exactly what I don’t need-more stern lift. Any more, and the rear will get squirrelly. Even now with my Fury, I can feel a hint of looseness whenever I don’t have a fishing partner in the boat, or if I’m low on gas. Might be different with poles but I don’t have those and never will have them. I really think I need a prop that lifts the bow more and carries a load better than the Fury.