Question BCB Oil bath hubs.

What year did oil bath hubs become standard. I’m looking at a 2017 cat. It’s a couple hundred miles away and the pictures just show a radiused chrome cap or whatever it is in the wheel center. I do know that in my experience with older bearing buddies (grease), the covers were a vinyl slip on cover. The seller is unavailable for the next few days. Thanks in advance.

They switched to Vault in the late 2000’s and went back to grease in 2020. Vault is not liquid, it’s thixotropic and hardens while sitting, then liquifies when rolling. The motions softens the grease and it flows. If they are still Vault, then we do suggest repacking with Lucas or Valvoline in tacky red. You need new seals, otherwise the rest of the parts will work with grease.

3. Member
    Thanks BCB! I was sharing with my wife that no other manufacturers are directly involved with these forums on BBC. You guys are the elite. Are the replacement seals available only though BCB?

Thanks again.

Yes, only through us and our Parts Department. They just need your serial number.
    Thanks for the comment,

BCB