I need a new JDM site

Digitaka.com has been my mainstay but it seems to have dried up. Most every click gives me a "sorry, no stock". Been this way for the past 6 months at least. Not sure what's up with them.

I need a new, dependable, easy to navigate, well stocked source for all things JDM but mostly Shimano reels. I'm a Bantam MGL and Met fan.

Any ideas?
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

2. Member
    Asian portal fishing, Japan lure shop, Japan Tackle, plat, ichiban Tackle, JDM Tackle Heaven (generally more expensive than the rest)

3. Member
    Asian portal and Japan lure shop for sure.

japan tackle is pretty expensive but Jun is a good guy.

You can also search Amazon Japan. Do a search for what you want and when you get to sellers you can search based on verified Amazon Japan stores.

4. Member
    Japan Lure Shop is my favorite site. Japan Angler is another good one.

5. Member
    I’m finding the same to be true with Digitaka as well.I’ve been looking around at some other JDM outlets. It does seem to me Digitaka’s price are pretty competitive.

6. Member
    My only knock on Digitaka. Reels, they seem to replenish reasonably well (at least the ones I’m after), but man, some of their lures seem to be out all the time. You’d think those would be the easiest things for them to restock.

7. Member
    Carolina Fishing Tackle is a great option for JDM tackle. They are getting more and more items in each week and adding them to the website. Shimano reels aren't listed currently but reach out to them, as I know they were in the process of getting some in and could provide you more details. Great company to purchase from!

Carolinafishingtackle.com
    2013 Phoenix 920 Pro XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by tjstack View Post
    Carolina Fishing Tackle is a great option for JDM tackle. They are getting more and more items in each week and adding them to the website. Shimano reels aren't listed currently but reach out to them, as I know they were in the process of getting some in and could provide you more details. Great company to purchase from!

Carolinafishingtackle.com
    They seem pricey and add a federal excise tax to imported goods. They also show a Shimano Conquest for 549.99 and Digitaka shows 320.87. Just a FYI to those that shop Japan to save due to the dollar vs yen.
    Lowe Tahiti Deck Boat- Fish, Ski, Lounge- Rain or Shine

Matthew 7:7- Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you

9. Member
    I am newer to purchasing JDM tackle but I believe the federal government adds the federal excise tax, not Carolina Fishing Tackle. Not sure there is a way legally for them to not charge that. I could be wrong though.

I gave my recommendation based on my experiences ordering from them and what the OP was looking for...dependable, well stocked, easy to navigate website. They check all those boxes for me based on my orders. JDM is far from cheap in my limited experiences. They also offer 15% off first purchases (according to their website).

Quote Originally Posted by GPtimes2 View Post
    They seem pricey and add a federal excise tax to imported goods. They also show a Shimano Conquest for 549.99 and Digitaka shows 320.87. Just a FYI to those that shop Japan to save due to the dollar vs yen.
    2013 Phoenix 920 Pro XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS

10. Member
    JDM is far from cheap
    ???

JDM being cheap is the main reason for buying JDM for me. The dollar is much stronger than the Yen.

11. Member
    Confused on the cheap part too. I’ve saved as much as 45%, not even counting sales tax and shipping costs. Currently the exchange rate seems to be only saving about 35%, but as much as stock has been sometimes spotty directly from Digitaka, it’s been blowing away the stock any domestic company has been able to accomplish lately. That was actually the main reason I started ordering JDM directly, I got tired of waiting for Tacklewarehouse’s back orders to come through.

12. Member
    Again as I mentioned, I am newer to purchasing JDM tackle. As my experiences are limited and don't seem to be of as much added value to the thread, I will bow out of the conversation and leave it to those who seem to be much more knowledgeable and experienced. Just wanted to offer an alternative I've utilized for JDM that has worked for me. Apologize for any trouble caused to the OP. Best of luck in your search.
    2013 Phoenix 920 Pro XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS

13. Member
    Again as I mentioned, I am newer to purchasing JDM tackle.
    We were all in your shoes at one time.

Now I can play the futures market on forex for usd vs yen hedges, ha ha.

If you think you enjoy JDM now, wait til a poison ultima and 24 steez sv TW shows up at your door in less time and half the cost of tackle warehouse.

14. Member
    Again as I mentioned, I am newer to purchasing JDM tackle. As my experiences are limited and don't seem to be of as much added value to the thread, I will bow out of the conversation and leave it to those who seem to be much more knowledgeable and experienced. Just wanted to offer an alternative I've utilized for JDM that has worked for me. Apologize for any trouble caused to the OP. Best of luck in your search.
    Carolina Fishing Tackle sounds like a state side seller of JDM tackle which if true would require them to collect duty taxes vs you ordering straight from the source in Japan and having it shipped to your door. A Japanese company has no Nexus in the US therefore is not required to collect and remit duty taxes and/or sales tax.

15. Member
    Just an FYI. Japan is continuing to keep Yen interest quite low. So the incentive to invest also remains low.

Translation: take advantage of it if you're considering JDM.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Carolina Fishing Tackle sounds like a state side seller of JDM tackle which if true would require them to collect duty taxes vs you ordering straight from the source in Japan and having it shipped to your door. A Japanese company has no Nexus in the US therefore is not required to collect and remit duty taxes and/or sales tax.
    Correct, they are located in Mooresville, NC which is a little north of Charlotte. Great people and prices are in line with JDM product from other US dealers

17. Member
    The only negative with ordering from Japan is if you want to return it the shipping is very high....like $175 to ship a reel. Make sure you know what you're getting.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    The only negative with ordering from Japan is if you want to return it the shipping is very high....like $175 to ship a reel. Make sure you know what you're getting.
    Who charged you $175 for shipping to Japan?!?

19. Member
    I’ve always figured whatever I get there, I get without returns (saved so money so far I could afford a few duds). I heard they make it right if you get something defective though. If shipping back is really $175, that’s crazy. Especially since they ship 2 DAY overnight FREE. Maybe they get a great shipping deal and you could ask them if you could buy a shipping label from them to ship back? Ally my reels have come Fed Ex.

Quote Originally Posted by evilcatfish View Post
    Correct, they are located in Mooresville, NC which is a little north of Charlotte. Great people and prices are in line with JDM product from other US dealers
    I have one of the best stateside sources of JDM gear just down the street... The Hookup Tackle.
    But you aren't getting any price breaks there. Well... they used to do some pretty nice deals on some of their rods. And they do have sales occasionally. But you'll pay full pop for Shimano, Megabass, etc.

I was just looking for something as good as Digitaka for reels. I don't think there is another place like that. I did stumble upon samurai which has a healthy stock of deps and osp lures. So that's nice.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419