2006 Johnson 90 hp 2 stroke lives.

Got a boat yesterday, with a 90hp 2 stroke. Not sure who had been working on the engine. But they need to stick with video games. They had left both primer lines off. Thus it was not getting that shot of fuel to start.
    Will pull the carbs, clean them. As it has been sitting a few years. Also the primer solenoid is not clicking. So figure it needs to be replaced. Will test it tomorrow.
    Not looking forward to getting the throttle cable, and what goes along with it working. But bought the boat knowing the engine may or may not be good. But had 129 to 134 compression. And looks like new wire, new coil pack. Has new plugs but not the right ones.

2. Member
    When running the engine on muffs. How loud are these 1997-2006 90 2 stroke Johnsons? This is unreal almost like my corvette on Headers. LOL Now I'm near the basement wall so I will have extra sound from that. But even the old 115 Evinrude I think 1987 model was quite compared to this thing.
    Also this may have something to do with it also. Waters pouring out at the lower unit joint. So drop the lower unit, check what's not there. But man this thing has a stream of water coming out of the Pisser. After being used to a Etec, this thing will wash a hole in the gravel.
    That brings me to the second ? in that it starts peeing while turning over. So guessing the T stats are stuck open or gone?