lund renegade merc pro xs 90hp

ok, got my boat on the water this past weekend(Lund Renegade 1775 w Mercury 90hp pro xs) and when going to wot at about 3000rpm the prop will lose bite.. i.e. starts to overspin in water like has a airbubble. Prop is a 13x17 3 blade stainless, though not polished stainless..odd for sure.. If I ease off throttle for a second then continue to accelerate its fine. I got to about 40mph on the gps at about 5500rpm. My question is, what should I get to fix this holeshot issue?? Full tank of gas, 4 24 series lead acid bayyeris, 2 people and misc tackle was the load

2. Member
    I have a new Tracker V165WT and on my first trip out I was performing the break in and noticed the same issue. I have a Mercury 90 four stroke with a 14X15 3 blade prop. It just seems like the boat is sluggish. After a few hours I ran it WOT and only reached 35MPH. Hopefully someone will have some thoughts...

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musky kevin View Post
    ok, got my boat on the water this past weekend(Lund Renegade 1775 w Mercury 90hp pro xs) and when going to wot at about 3000rpm the prop will lose bite.. i.e. starts to overspin in water like has a airbubble. Prop is a 13x17 3 blade stainless, though not polished stainless..odd for sure.. If I ease off throttle for a second then continue to accelerate its fine. I got to about 40mph on the gps at about 5500rpm. My question is, what should I get to fix this holeshot issue?? Full tank of gas, 4 24 series lead acid bayyeris, 2 people and misc tackle was the load
    Is there anything in front of the prop that could disrupt the flow allowing it to cavitate?