Routing transducer cable from dash

I have a 920 elite and I was looking at running my transducer cable from the dash and I don’t see a good way to do it. Is there a wire chase somewhere? It doesn’t look easy to get to the starboard side of the back of the boat. What am I missing?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Het you a set of fiberglass stick.....I found that it was easier and straight to go thru the rear light hole....and remove some panels upfront also.....

Pics below, put in a piece of stick, rotate to left so the end is sticking out and tape your cable and then start adding and pushing it forward....

Last edited by fishin couillon; 04-07-2024 at 08:01 AM. Reason: added pics and post
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Not to difficult, just remove a couple panels and pull the cable thru. Whatever type tool you use wish to use, the fibreglass stick works fine. When you pull your cable pull a nylon string with it. Leave said string for future pulls if needed.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    Not to difficult, just remove a couple panels and pull the cable thru. Whatever type tool you use wish to use, the fibreglass stick works fine. When you pull your cable pull a nylon string with it. Leave said string for future pulls if needed.
    ^^^This^^^
    Just did this a few weeks ago running a new MSI transducer. Factory one was zip strapped into the wiring harness so had to cut it out. For the new one remove the little tray below the shifter, the switch panel, and the dash. Snake it in through the hull until it gets to the opening where the tray is, then its easy to run up to behind the switch panel and into the console.

5. Member
    Thanks. I will try the light socket. When look in the rear compartment there is very little room on right side of boat by light socket. The main battery switch box is in the way.

6. Member
    I've been in mine a couple of times. I went in from the starboard bilge area behind the batteries to the area behind the switch panel. I used a fish tape.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

7. Member
    Oh that's sweet! Thanks for the tip.