First time out with livescope

Mixed results i guess, was fishing for shallow smallmouth. Very easy to see structure in perspective mode, but my bait was not able to be seen untill 15' out. also, i could see fish shadows, but only very rarely see the fish itself. Even when fighting a hooked fish, i would try and spin the tranducer at it, and it would appear very small, but the shadow was quite noticeable. I did manage to catch a 4.5lber off a rock that i saw with the scope. Any tips for making the bait and fish stick out more in perspective? Lvs 34 hooked to a 106sv if that helps, thanks

The larger the shadow the higher the fish is in the water column and the further the fish will be from the shadow
    A fish that’s is 15 feet away and near the surface can cast a shadow 30 plus feet away
    A fish right on the bottom will have the shadow right next to it

Yes fish are harder to see than the shadow they cast but with a little time and tweaking of the settings you will learn to spot them quickly

Write down what your current settings and then start to play with them adjust contrast, gain and color gain this way if it gets to be too much go back to your original settings and start over

Note: do this when you know fish are there doing this with no fish doesn’t help much
    taking 10 minutes to do this rather than trying to catch the fish will pay off in the long run
    Last edited by MichAngler; 05-01-2024 at 08:51 AM.
    "The handicapped angler"

You MUST have an adjustable mount if using Perspective mode so you can change the angle for different depths of water.

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    The larger the shadow the higher the fish is in the water column and the further the fish will be from the shadow
    A fish that’s is 15 feet away and near the surface can cast a shadow 30 plus feet away
    A fish right on the bottom will have the shadow right next to it

Yes fish are harder to see than the shadow they cast but with a little time and tweaking of the settings you will learn to spot them quickly

Write down what your current settings and then start to play with them adjust contrast, gain and color gain this way if it gets to be too much go back to your original settings and start over

Note: do this when you know fish are there doing this with no fish doesn’t help much
    taking 10 minutes to do this rather than trying to catch the fish will pay off in the long run
    Thanks for that, big help!

Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    You MUST have an adjustable mount if using Perspective mode so you can change the angle for different depths of water.
    Do you mean something other than the one garmin sends with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrs View Post
    Do you mean something other than the one garmin sends with it?
    The factory mount is sufficient for 10’ or less

If you plan to use the perspective mode in deeper water on a regular basis you may want to look into a third party mount like the fishobsessed mount

https://fishobsessed.com/collections...ng-motor-z-pkg
    "The handicapped angler"

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    The factory mount is sufficient for 10’ or less

If you plan to use the perspective mode in deeper water on a regular basis you may want to look into a third party mount like the fishobsessed mount

https://fishobsessed.com/collections...ng-motor-z-pkg
    Ive had the Garmin mounts and that fish obsessed mount is the only way to go in my opinion!!
    2022 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Proxs

Looks like it is out of stock right now! Thanks guys!