Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clover in centipede

I need advice on what to spray on Clover in my centipede to permanently get rid of it. It's spreading every year..

Yes I know this is a fishing forum and I know what Google is. I prefer experienced individuals opinions that have already fought this battle and won.

Tenacity got rid of mine but you have to spray it several times a year. I don't have centipede grass though. And know nothing about it I have fescue
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

Let it go. It's good for the bees and bees aren't doing very well lately. All that lawn crap ends up in our waters and does way more harm than good.
    Ranting incoherently

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    Let it go. It's good for the bees and bees aren't doing very well lately. All that lawn crap ends up in our waters and does way more harm than good.
    This for sure!

I have centipede mixed with weeds and it's awesome since I don't need to cut it about once every 2-3 weeks while my neighbors with high maintenance lawns are cutting every week.

5. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    spray it with mower blades........

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Look up MCPP or Mecoprop.

7. Member
    I use Scott’s weed and feed southern blend. Works great for me
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

8. Member
    Trimec

Quote Originally Posted by rclark1 View Post
    Trimec
    Trimec = 24D/MCPP/Dicamba

10. Member
    I'm a landscaper and maintain yards almost daily in myrtle beach sc. Order some trimec or get some speedzone off Amazon. Treat with speedzone and all the weeds will dry up an die in about 2.5 weeks. Lots of options

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncshooter View Post
    I'm a landscaper and maintain yards almost daily in myrtle beach sc. Order some trimec or get some speedzone off Amazon. Treat with speedzone and all the weeds will dry up an die in about 2.5 weeks. Lots of options
    I really appreciate all the responses including the " bee" huggers. I have a plethora of carpenter and honey bees. I love bees as well as they help pollinate my garden.
    But the clovers got to go. When my girls are threatened getting stung while enjoying the outside lawn, daddy's looking for answers!

12. Member
    2 4-D. U can get it at wal mart, tractor supply, lowes, ect. Kills anything with a leaf. Wont kill grass. All u need and its cheap for a chemical. Dont let it get on shrubs or such so use when theres no wind.

13. Member
    Scott's weed and feed

Centipede grass does not tolerate common weed killers and requires special broadleaf herbicides (Tenacity, Atrazine,Celcius, etc). Please do a google search and read the product labels. Lots of info on the web.

15. Member
    Funny, I was just looking at my clover wondering what to spray to get the grass out of it...
    Food Plot...

Quote Originally Posted by Late Bite View Post
    Funny, I was just looking at my clover wondering what to spray to get the grass out of it...
    Food Plot...
    Sethoxydim grass killer

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
    Centipede grass does not tolerate common weed killers and requires special broadleaf herbicides (Tenacity, Atrazine,Celcius, etc). Please do a google search and read the product labels. Lots of info on the web.
    I use Blindside on Centipede around the pool and Bermuda in the front. The Bermuda tolerates it much better than the Centipede as it gets stressed, but it does grow out of it.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
    This guy knows the deal, centipede is sensitive. You can use Atrazine for a little longer until temps sustain in the 80s, then its Celcius time. Join the "Centipede Lawn Care and Turf Sciences" group on Facebook for loads of knowledge and help.
    Last edited by bassmaster,RN; 04-29-2024 at 04:11 AM.
    2008 Tr 21X- 2018 250 Mercury Pro XS 4S
    2B595479

As long as it's green I leave it alone.

20. Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast