Top Characteristics in Fit People

How many times have we felt we can't do something because of situation x or y? I think we were all made with relative strengths and weaknesses but I don't believe that equates to the outcome in many cases. Over time, I have observed behaviors of those that are fit vs those that are not. I share my top 2 observations and hope others will add.

#1- Structured Active: The fit person has a routine and that routine has activity. For me, this means I have a cup of coffee, lay out breakfast, clean up any dishes and check my phone for like 2 minutes. Then I hit the gym, then I eat breakfast then I go (work, fish, golf, hike,do a house project, etc). If I'm not working, I'm tired and ready to set for the first time at about 2pm. By contrast, my friends who get out of bed and move to a chair in the den or text me at 10am about some movie struggle. Even old school farmers were fit because the job forced structured active- livestock needs to be tended too.

#2- Sustainabiliy: Sustainability wins over temporary perfection. Fit people don't just get ready for a 5k race then quit; they do it as ongoing way of life. It is better to walk at home then to join a gym 30 minutes across town that you will visit 2 times monthly related to time constraints. No need to start a complex diet that will never get simple enough to sustain. Time and consistancy can win for many vs flaming out.

These two items put together over time will improve many people's energy levels and reduce weight.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

2. Member
    yep, consistency is the key. You have to approach health the way you guys approach a tournament. preperation and desire = results. put the soda down, put the chips down, put the little snacks down. move more eat a little less, and by GOD lift some weights. The older men get the more they lose muscle and the fat comes on strong. Does is it take will power? yes. it takes denial of foods that taste great, it takes going for a walk or to the gym when you don't feel like it. Not everybody want to be a bodybuilder, but most of us want to feel good and look our best. Guys, I will help anyway I can with advice, diet, weight training, cardio etc. PM me if you would like to discuss things. I am not a personal trainer, no fee or need of favor in return. Just like to see people feel better about themselves and improve.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    yep, consistency is the key. You have to approach health the way you guys approach a tournament. preperation and desire = results. put the soda down, put the chips down, put the little snacks down. move more eat a little less, and by GOD lift some weights. The older men get the more they lose muscle and the fat comes on strong. Does is it take will power? yes. it takes denial of foods that taste great, it takes going for a walk or to the gym when you don't feel like it. Not everybody want to be a bodybuilder, but most of us want to feel good and look our best. Guys, I will help anyway I can with advice, diet, weight training, cardio etc. PM me if you would like to discuss things. I am not a personal trainer, no fee or need of favor in return. Just like to see people feel better about themselves and improve.
    love it! can tell you care and have capability.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

4. Member
    I think the biggest issue is people do not want be uncomfortable and feel pain or depravation. Lifting weights, diet and cardio are all of those things. Some people feel uncomfortable in a gym setting, lifting weights is temporarly painful, cardio just plain sucks. However, so does trying to wear pants that don't fit your waist, looking the mirror and be disgusted, not being able to eat whatever you want all the time is denial of pleasure. Cardio again just sucks. But some cardio is good. Look at this way, we have all gone fishing in the cold, the heat, the rain when bites few and yet we stayed out there we grinded. same thing with our health, it's a grind, a very difficult one but you won't win tournaments, find fish and enjoy the rewards without going through that grind.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

5. Member
    Great advice! Because I am on the opposite side of fitness. Staying fit for myself was hard work and hard fishing and hunting.
    I have unfortunately inherited from my dad and my mom's health issues. It's amazing how these issues came up in just a short time.