Black oil coming out of motor?

To start off i'm in HS and know not much about boat motors but here I go i was on the lake and the boat was starting just fine all day and when i was ready to come in the boat would not start i checked all the spark plugs pumped the bulb choked it pretty much everything and it just would not start. When I trimmed up black oil came out of the motor and don't know why. I did leave the throttle out of neutral when I stopped the boat (accident) and it stayed like that for about 15 minutes please help. Motor is A mercury 115 1996.

2. Member
    The forum moderator will ask that you provide your motor's serial number. It would also help to specify where the oil is coming from, and pictures will help.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1

Also, the black oil may be unburnt fuel/oil mixed with exhaust/carbon. Need to check the basics... spark test, compression test, and Fuel Quality/Delivery tests.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor