150 pro XS Opti alarm

Hello. Tried to get on step today and the alarm activated. 6 short beeps than the engine went to limp mode. Engine temp and water pressure was normal. Mod 1150P73EY ser 2B113749. 560 hours on engine, 2014 Pro XS 150

update 04/22/24
    I ran the boat today for a few minutes, I left the dock and accelerated and before the boat leveled off the alarm activated. Vessel View indicated Overtemp, Stop engine and check for plugged water inlet. If condition persists return to port
    Last edited by Michael Stelly; 04-22-2024 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Add engine info, fault code added
    98 Triton TR18
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 150

2. Member
    There are many things that can cause a 6 beep alarm, only way to know is to have codes read.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

As suggested above, you'll need to get the engine on a Diagnostic System for FULL PRINTOUTS.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor