Central Michigan Trip

My youngest son graduates HS and we have a tripped planned the middle of May. Staying around Kalamazoo and fishing lakes in that area. What should we expect weather and fishing wise?

2. Member
    Gull lake should be good and isn’t too far from Kalamazoo. Upper 60s to low 70s daytime temps are realistic and there should be bass in all 3 stages.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

3. Member
    A bit of a drive (90 miles from KZOO), but jump on 131 & head north to Hardy Dam Pond if you get a day with good weather. I don't think you would be disappointed...

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smally22 View Post
    A bit of a drive (90 miles from KZOO), but jump on 131 & head north to Hardy Dam Pond if you get a day with good weather. I don't think you would be disappointed...
    One of my favorite places in southern Michigan!
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

Paw Paw has good population of smallmouth and largemouth. Pipestone is a hidden gem. Very little parking and not the best ramp.

6. Member
    Gun Lake is 30 minutes north

7. Member
    Thank you. You guys are great. A couple of the lakes that we had identified on google earth turned out to be private (Indian & Wall) in that you have to own property on them in order to access. Some of the lakes mentioned are on our list.

8. Member
    I wouldn’t try Pipestone. The ramp is in really bad shape.