Things to do in st Augustine

Going to st Augustine FL for a week. Any recommendations on things to do or places to eat?

2. Member
    Week is a long time there, hope there's more to your visit. Downtown and start restaurant and bar hoping, most are good. Fort is neat and the trolly city tour. 2 days gets it all in. Good people, you'll have fun. Best time is Christmas when the lights are up.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The5thDutton View Post
    Going to st Augustine FL for a week. Any recommendations on things to do or places to eat?
    Week is not too long. Lot's to do. Beaches are great, surf fishing can be really good, lots of touristy things to do in the city proper, and St. Johns River pretty close if you want to take a guided bass fishing trip.

Go tour the old Spanish fort. We lived in Jacksonville when I was a kid and gong to the fort was one of my favorite things to do.
    2016 Tracker V175 Pro Guide/115Mercury Four stroke.

5. Member
    Take a day trip on one of the fishing party boats when I lived in Florida I would do that several times each year.
    John the Garage Doorman

I’ll recommend going to Anastasia State Park, cost a couple dollars for the day. Nice bathrooms, beach, and food shack. They also have kayak rentals and short walking trails, if your into that kind of thing

7. Member
    Golf Hall of Fame

8. Member
    Osteens or barnacle bills for lunch. Love st augustine, but here ar two that are close that are worth the drive. Washington Oaks park and Fort matanzas. Washington oaks park is a Artesianl spring turned into a very nice flower Garden. Fort Matanzas is a super reasonably priced state tour of a much smaller fort than the one in town. They take small groups over in a boat and it is very hands on. You can research both of them on line.

I like walking the downtown streets late at night, i was very safe when I did it. As far as food goes, sticl to local stuff and you almost cannot go wrong. Don't be afraid to try a sausage vendor on the side of the road either.

I am not a potters wax museum kind of guy. But I like the lightner museum right across from flagler college. It is just a collection of misfit things. You might find thimbles or tea pots. Just smaller donated collections.

Two more restaurants I would make sure i tried to visit
    Gypsy cab company (His food is original, high quality and very fresh) The food matches the name. It is as if you introduced the culture of Cabby's with a french Restaurant.

The second is salt water cowboys. That one is a bit of a drive. If you go try the minorcan clan chowder and scallops with cream sauce.

Charlie butcher also has a place called scooners. Very much like barnacle Bills. High quality and a good family

Have a great visit

9. Member
    I grew up down the road in Titusville so I suggest space center for tour

10. Member
    Fountain of youth is a tourist trap...I won't eve go back and I will not recommend it....like others have said, fort is cool. Old downtown is good. Space center isn't to far away,ight be able to catch a launch while you are there. If you want to do some shark fishing. My recommendation is shark infested charters with Capt. Chuck Joe..... excellent times fishing with him especially if you are taking kids out

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    Take a day trip on one of the fishing party boats when I lived in Florida I would do that several times each year.
    Any boats you'd recommend? The times I've went out on a boat that I found thru a cold call, it seems like I always got taken for a tourist trap.