Thread: Waypoint files

Waypoint files

Coming from lowrance. Hopefully someone can help me take random waypoints and create files by lake so I don't have so many waypoints stored in unit. For example I can upload lake Erie or lake St Clair waypoints from card when I fish these lakes

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1243659

It can be done.....you need to export them to a GPX first....then you can use that for the HomePort or Base Camp program..... now I do it with Home Port but have not used Base Camp....Home Port is discontinued but I do have a copy if you want it.....link above was a previous post with same questions
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Great thank you. Could you send a copy of that please?

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Sent a PM

5. Member
    Thank you

6. BASS ADDICT
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1243659

It can be done.....you need to export them to a GPX first....then you can use that for the HomePort or Base Camp program..... now I do it with Home Port but have not used Base Camp....Home Port is discontinued but I do have a copy if you want it.....link above was a previous post with same questions
    May I get a copy of homeport to please.
    Thank you

7. Member
    Depending on which unit you have, you can likely also export waypoints from a specific area on the map… use the Export Region function and zoom out to include the area you’re interested in. I know this is supported on my HDS Live.

8. Member
    I didn't see anything like that on my 1222. Could be on my 8612 I'll be getting in a couple weeks. Yes that's how lowrance works and it was excellent

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I think Garmin does "by region" only on the GPSmap units.. .

Quote Originally Posted by Up North Kitty View Post
    I didn't see anything like that on my 1222. Could be on my 8612 I'll be getting in a couple weeks. Yes that's how lowrance works and it was excellent
    With current software, the current lineup of GPSMAP and latest Echomap (UHD2 and Ultra 2) all support the "Save area to card" function (user-defined area via four points/box) when exporting data.
    Garmin Pro Team

11. Member
    Ok sorry just coming out of lowrance to Garmin. Is this something I would.look in the settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Up North Kitty View Post
    Ok sorry just coming out of lowrance to Garmin. Is this something I would.look in the settings?
    The "Save Area to Card" option is under the Manage Data, Data Transfer part of the menu. Exact keystrokes to get there vary some depending on your specific model.
    Garmin Pro Team

13. Member
    Thank you.

14. Member
    Not to hijack this but if I have all of my waypoints exported in GPX format from a lowrance unit onto an sd card, can I just plug that sd card into a Garmin 126sv and import them without needing a 3rd party program?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinB View Post
    Not to hijack this but if I have all of my waypoints exported in GPX format from a lowrance unit onto an sd card, can I just plug that sd card into a Garmin 126sv and import them without needing a 3rd party program?
    Simple answer is yes but your symbols will be changed. Every brand uses their own set of symbols and will get changed to the default symbol of that particular unit. If symbols are not important, you can just import the file into your Garmin. If symbols are important, then they need to be converted to Garmin symbols before importing into your Garmin. If you need your symbols changed, just let me know. I can help you with that very easily.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike