Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Active target pointer

The little pointer on the screen does not always point the way of the transducer
    I have tried recalibration the GPS puck and even switched to the GPS module inside the graph
    It will be correct for an outing or so and then next time out habe to switch it back and forth again
    I will say I never had an issue with the carbon and at1
    Only have this issue with the live and at2

2. Member
    is the GPS puck you are talking about a Point 1? of some puck for a TM and what TM do you have?

If you have a Ghost and a point 1 the pointer is right on any other TM good luck.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    is the GPS puck you are talking about a Point 1? of some puck for a TM and what TM do you have?

If you have a Ghost and a point 1 the pointer is right on any other TM good luck.
    This ^^^^^^^^^^
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

4. Member
    I have the point1 near the driver console
    And the ghost has its own puck up front
    On the network I can only see the point1 and the internal GPS on the graph itself
    I can't see the 3rd puck(ghost module)

I'm assuming you are saying it is a ghost issue? And wouldn't have the issue with an ultrex?
    I did not have the issue until I "upgraded" to the live and at2
    Actually haven't sold the carbon and at1 combo yet because of this and the random black out it does

5. Member
    It is Not a Ghost issue and you will have issue with MK>Do you have the Vessel setting to Point 1 on all your Units? If not that will be your issue. Have you calibrated your Puck on the Ghost? I Have the Ghost, Live and Pro and 2 AT2 No Issue at all with the pointer.

First off go to device List under Network and see if the Point 1 shows up with whatever you have it hooked to. What are those results

6. Member
    Well it's been a while since I've replied to this
    Still having the same issue
    I can calibrate the point1 and it will work fine for a day or so.. I have tried calibrating the ghost, and the point 1 a few times each time it's good for a trip or two
    I have swapped the graph onto another boat with at1 and been on the water a few times without the issue..
    Wondering If it is a gps puck issue?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b00stin4 View Post
    Well it's been a while since I've replied to this
    Still having the same issue
    I can calibrate the point1 and it will work fine for a day or so.. I have tried calibrating the ghost, and the point 1 a few times each time it's good for a trip or two
    I have swapped the graph onto another boat with at1 and been on the water a few times without the issue..
    Wondering If it is a gps puck issue?
    I will bet your settings are not correct. You need to go into your network settings and make sure the Point-1 is selected for your vessel heading on each of your units.
    ciao,
    Marc

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    I will bet your settings are not correct. You need to go into your network settings and make sure the Point-1 is selected for your vessel heading on each of your units.
    Point1 is selected as heading for both units

9. Member
    Sounds like the location of your P1 is the issue if it has to be calibrated several times. Check for magnetic interference at different speeds, and relocate it if needed.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Sounds like the location of your P1 is the issue if it has to be calibrated several times. Check for magnetic interference at different speeds, and relocate it if needed.
    What is the ideal location?
    The point1 is right beside the driver seat

11. Member
    Is it close to your LIVE unit? The LIVE can interfere with Point-1 or any other compass, and would explain why you now have a problem which you didn't have before.

Regarding best location, like TC stated it must be free of magnetic interference. You can use a phone app to test magnetic interference, or even an old school compass and see if a location causes the compass to be off. Ideally you want to mount a Point-1 overtop of your transducers in the sump or on the transom. You can read more about this in my article:

How a Point-1 Can Help You
    https://storage.westernbass.com/mag_...ge6/index.html
    ciao,
    Marc

12. Member
    That varies from boat to boat. Personally I have mine at the back. The really important thing is to measure properly for magnetic interference with the boat on the water and everything running, before mounting the P1 permanently. Your boat is full of magnetic stuff, and the P1 must be mounted away from that.

13. Member
    Not sure how accurate the phone app is? Or what is considered high? But these are the locations and readings directly on each puck with everything powered on and the old puck location on the rear

20240719_225414.jpg
    20240719_225357.jpg
    20240719_225337.jpg

14. Member
    The Point 1 behind the drivers seat is mounted backwards. The arrow needs to point to the front. No wonder if won’t calibrate.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    The Point 1 behind the drivers seat is mounted backwards. The arrow needs to point to the front. No wonder if won’t calibrate.
    The arrow is pointed forward

16. Member
    When I enlarge that photo, the Lowrance logo is on the bottom and the arrow is pointing at the back of the boat. Look at the arrow on the bow puck. It’s pointing forward. Looks backwards to me. Good luck
    2B112175

17. Member
    Screenshot_20240720_192634_Gallery.jpg

There is no printed arrow like the one on the front just the little raised arrow built into the plastic mold

18. Member
    Your Point-1 arrow is pointing to the back of the boat instead of the front.
    ciao,
    Marc

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Your Point-1 arrow is pointing to the back of the boat instead of the front.
    Screenshot_20240720_192634_Gallery.jpg

20. Member
    Marc, I think it’s glare from the flash. Just went and checked mine and it looks right. Bad photo but ok install. Can’t help with the OP original problem though. My Point 1 is under my back deck in a compartment with a lid over it. Have never calibrated my new Ghost and yet the pointer on AT works perfect. Gotta be a settings issue
    2B112175

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast