Question How to I wire my Ultrex with a MarinCo plug?

I recently just bought an Ultrex TM that had wires with terminal lugs. I was told I should be able to just use the MarinCo Connect Pro plug with it, similar to how my old Maxxum. When I disassembled the plug on my Maxxum I found that it didn't have the terminal lugs on the wires. Usually with this particular plug there is a back plate that you screw onto it to prevent the prongs be moving around. I have found that with the terminal lugs already installed on the TM wire I am unable to pass the wires through the backplate. Anyone able to help? I would like not to have to remove the lugs from the TM wire...I mean they are there for a reason...

First Image (lugs.png) is the lugs attached to the TM wires.

Seond Image (maxxum.png) is the old Maxxum wires attached to the plug. You can see how the wires go through the back plate and are attached to the prongs. With the Ultrex wires and lugs, I am unable to get the wire through the back plate.

Third Image (plug.png) is the plug I am using.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Normally the lugs are on there for a terminal block installation. Not a big deal if you have to cut them off...

https://www.google.com/search?q=mari...yyuKJ3-mUyhsgM

What is in the link is what is typically used with lugs and would be considered a hard wired installation
    Fish have fins, they swim

3. Member
    Appreciate the quick response! I was not aware this was possible. My first thought was why have the lugs on if I can't even use it with my plug. I knew there had to be a reason they came with lugs. Thanks for the clarification!