Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Right on. That’s what I was saying. It all depends on load. So my boat has General Grabber UHP 255/55r18s on tandem axles. These tires are rated max 51 psi for 2,271lbs. That’s 9,084lbs load capacity for all 4 tires. No reason to run them at max psi.
    Last edited by RTRCraft; 05-28-2021 at 12:19 AM.

2. Banned
    This country has to stop relying on other country for manufacturing

Quote Originally Posted by Skeet1 View Post
    This country has to stop relying on other country for manufacturing
    Goodyear endurance is brought back to USA
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Unfortunately, Special Trailer (ST) tires are no longer made in North America and the tires coming out of China are causing all kinds of problems on heavier boat trailers and recreational vehicles.
    Where does Goodyear Endurance fit in this conversation?

I had a blowout a few years back while on vacation driving my trailer on a 100 degree day up to the Western Maryland Mountains. I took the rims to a Goodyear Tire Center and before I said a word the “Goodyear Tire Expert” asked me if I ran my tires at peak PSI. I alway did —— He said they see premature blowouts all the time in the summer with higher temps. He sold me 3 new higher rated Endurance tires and told me not to pay attention to the sidewall markings. He advised on extreme hot days the tires need a bit of room to account for hot air expansion otherwise the tire could blow prematurely. He told me as long as the tire rating clearly exceeds my trailer weight, I could run -5 pounds max psi and not have to worry. I also replace my tires every 2 years to make sure they are in top condition. Sitting long periods in the driveway is not good. I’d rather spend the money for new tires every 2 years than get a blowout on the highway.
    Rich
    Westminster, Maryland
    Champion 198 Elite DC / Yamaha VMax

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234