Sharing this in case anyone else runs into similar issues. I have 10ft blades, CM1, handheld controller, dash controller, and bow stomp controllers. Occasionally various controllers would not connect, but it didn't always happen. Fresh batteries never solved it. Then coincidentally I added a spare prop holder to my bilge just in front of the pumps. With a prop in there suddenly NONE of my controllers would stay connected. I keep other things in the bilge area, like a throwable, ropes, jumper cables in a bag, weigh bag. I removed everything as a test. Of course every controller then connected perfectly. Frustrating cuz I want to use that space. After researching I found this article on extending the CM1 antenna on the control board:

https://www.texassaltwaterfishingmag...er-pole-remote

I had some light gauge wire lying around, so I made the modification in the article above. My boat has 4 of those 1/8th inch ports on the gunnels for black lights, and they aren't connected. I ran the two new antenna wires to one of those and electrical taped them in contact with the metal housing.

I put my spare prop back on the holder and stuffed everything back into the bilge and tested. It seems to have worked as all controllers now connect instantly and seem to stay connected. Hope this helps somebody out there avoid the frustration I was experiencing.