aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar

ceramic coatings

Has anyone tried the ceramic coatings? Wags what do you thing about it....

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

2. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Paul I have not had a request for it yet and honestly only thing I know about it is what I read online. DIY applications with over the counter type ceramic Coating I did read that some percentages are not as high as the professional applications and do not last as long.
    Ted "crank68" has for sure more rigs ect go through his shop so he might know more about it. I'm still a huge fan of ProTec products and their sealant does last for awhile, everyone's experience with ProTec and how long it will last will vary because of different water people run but regardless it is still the best bang for your buck IMO.
    LeaLea

I’ve been approached by 2 ceramic coating company’s wanting me to sell and apply their products. After studying both and others I declined. My take on these products is simple...even though they do provide a level of protection you still have to clean and care for your boat to a point. IMO a person with a big offshore boat would benefit more due to the size of the boat and the amount of time save on waxing. I still would not do it. For the money it cost to prepare the boat and apply....I just can’t see it. It is a money making deal for the installers. A side note....most of these coatings have to be “mechanically” removed when it’s time to remove or when a repair is needed. I do this now for a pretty well know glass shop in my area that work with regularly on other projects.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Great info thank you for commenting Ted...
    LeaLea