Thread: Lews reels uses

Lews reels uses

What are each one of these meant to be used for? Like what techniques?

Hyper duty
    team hypermag
    team Lews lite

2. Member
    The reel ratio has more to do with technique specifics than model numbers. I don't own any of those so you may want to do some research on your own to find out which one can throw the lightest bait and use that for plastics. Use your slower ratio for crankin. A lot of vendors reels increase smoothness and ease of dialing in as you move up the MSRP scale.

3. Banned
    I have only lews hypermags, they are smooth and cast a mile, the handle is a little loose compared to my daiwa steez reels. But I like them just the same.

I use them for frog, flipping, pitching, swim baits etc. Basically everything I use 20lb tatsu on or braid. Mine are all the 8.3 ratio, I bought 3 of the 7.5 ratio but havent used them yet.

Thats the highest end lews reel except the purple one because of the color and its still a bit rickety in the handle to me so I would not ever consider a lower budget lews.

4. Member
    I have 2 Lew's reels. A BB1 and the model with the extra wide spool. Haven't bought one for 3 years. My issue now is they have so darn many models, I get a headache tryin to sort through em. Causes me to purchase others with simpler selection.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

5. Member
    Pick the price range you're comfortable with then choose the speed that you want, not complicated. The higher the price the better the reel. I have 16 of them and 2 Curado 200e5. I keep them only cuz they are sexxy and are great reels.
    1999 Pantera Classic
    1999 Merc 200hp EFI