Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Garmin Force Release Date?

Any update here? At first I thought they said August but then I saw a video where a Garmin rep said October....can anyone confirm either way or is it still up in the air? Can't wait to order one!

Thanks

Cabela's web sight shows 8/20/19 but I wouldn't count on that. The Garmin site has a place to be E-mailed when it is available but I did that for the GT54UHD transducer that has been out for a while and I still have not received an E-mail saying it's available. I bought a 34 and an 8 so I don't need it, but still It shows lack of reliability for that. I may want one of these come springtime, so it will be nice to see some user reviews. Also, their measurements (on their website) show from deck to bottom of the 50" to be a max of 43" and the deck to bottom of the 57" to be a max of 67". Wonder why they are calling them 50" and 57" instead of 43" nd 67" ?

3. Member
    Yeah I was hoping to have one installed by early September but we have ice here in November so if it ends up being an October release date I'll let you southern guys be the guinea pigs and order one in March. I agree that the length info on the shaft is not real clear. Maybe one of the Garmin experts on the site will weigh in...

4. Member
    I have the 50" shaft. It is 50" from the bottom of the head to the top of the motor housing. The servo motor takes up about a foot and deploys about 2/3 below the deck or a little more. I fully expect retailers to have them on the shelf by the end of the month.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

5. Member
    Mine are expected 8/21.
    Wes

6. Member
    Will the 57 inch model be sufficient for a deep V?

7. Member
    where did you guys order from? anyone get them cheaper than the msrp?

8. Member
    Ring Fry and I are running beta test models. Mine is 50 inch also. I really like it. Normally I fish about 4-5 hours and use the TM a lot. When I start home still shows battery charge full. Really saving on battery.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Ring Fry and I are running beta test models. Mine is 50 inch also. I really like it. Normally I fish about 4-5 hours and use the TM a lot. When I start home still shows battery charge full. Really saving on battery.
    I'm right at pulling the trigger on Lithium's since my batteries are junk, are you running on 24v or 36v? How is your battery life? I'm also on the preorder list for the Force, so here in about 6 days, mine will be on my way to me. If i don't need to be on 36v, that saves me 400 bones on a battery.
    Nitro 896 Savage DC/200 Merc , Garmin GPS Map 7612xsv, 1242 touch and 8012. Force TM

10. Member
    I couldn't stand it anymore so I contacted Garmin yesterday. They are saying September/ October for availability on their website. Which hoses me for my early fishing trip to Missouri. Will probably end up waiting until spring now. Anxious to read some reviews from normal guys like me.

11. Member
    Historically Garmin will ship to retailers before selling directly.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyS View Post
    I couldn't stand it anymore so I contacted Garmin yesterday. They are saying September/ October for availability on their website. Which hoses me for my early fishing trip to Missouri. Will probably end up waiting until spring now. Anxious to read some reviews from normal guys like me.
    get ahold of either bass boat electronics or the bass tank, get on their preorder list. Mine will ship to me here in about 6 days
    Nitro 896 Savage DC/200 Merc , Garmin GPS Map 7612xsv, 1242 touch and 8012. Force TM

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rampageman View Post
    I'm right at pulling the trigger on Lithium's since my batteries are junk, are you running on 24v or 36v? How is your battery life? I'm also on the preorder list for the Force, so here in about 6 days, mine will be on my way to me. If i don't need to be on 36v, that saves me 400 bones on a battery.
    I am almost afraid to post this as it is not very believable. I've used a 24v Minn Kota Edge 70 for many years with Walmart Everstart Maxx 29DC batteries. The TM lasts just past the warranty before there is so much slop in the mounting bracket that I can't stand it anymore and get another. I've gone through five of these. The batteries usually last three years. I usually fish 4-5 days a week about 5 hrs per trip. On a normal trip by the end of the trip I would notice some speed loss regardless of the speed setting. That info is for comparison purposes.

I've been using the Force 24v since March. By coincidence it was also time to replace TM batteries so that worked out good for testing. The Force is so handy with the remote gesture control and much faster that I use it much more. Before, to cross the lake or move a couple hundred yards I would crank the big motor. Now, I just hit Max and head out with the Force, actually saving time. I would say that overall the Force gets twice the use that the Minn Kota did. I have never seen any speed loss by the end of a trip and the battery indicator hasn't moved. Sometimes I wonder if it's working but until I see some loss of power I have to figure that it is working.

This Force TM is going to be a winner. Almost forgot. I don't get interference on GT8, GT54. PS22, LVS32. The PS22 and LVS32 are shaft mounted.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I am almost afraid to post this as it is not very believable. I've used a 24v Minn Kota Edge 70 for many years with Walmart Everstart Maxx 29DC batteries. The TM lasts just past the warranty before there is so much slop in the mounting bracket that I can't stand it anymore and get another. I've gone through five of these. The batteries usually last three years. I usually fish 4-5 days a week about 5 hrs per trip. On a normal trip by the end of the trip I would notice some speed loss regardless of the speed setting. That info is for comparison purposes.

I've been using the Force 24v since March. By coincidence it was also time to replace TM batteries so that worked out good for testing. The Force is so handy with the remote gesture control and much faster that I use it much more. Before, to cross the lake or move a couple hundred yards I would crank the big motor. Now, I just hit Max and head out with the Force, actually saving time. I would say that overall the Force gets twice the use that the Minn Kota did. I have never seen any speed loss by the end of a trip and the battery indicator hasn't moved. Sometimes I wonder if it's working but until I see some loss of power I have to figure that it is working.

This Force TM is going to be a winner. Almost forgot. I don't get interference on GT8, GT54. PS22, LVS32. The PS22 and LVS32 are shaft mounted.
    Good info, thank you sir. exciting times are coming.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rampageman View Post
    I'm running 24v on a TR186. Mine are Wallyworld batteries about 3 years old. I was running a Fortrex 80 for the last several years. By the end of a 7 or 8 hour day, I definitely was noticing a power draw issue. Like LW I got the Force in March. I haven't noticed a battery draw at the end of the day since, using the same batteries. I had a breaker trip in my car port where I park the boat and didn't notice it right away. I fished on a Tuesday for about 5 hours, didn't fish again till Saturday without a charge. On Saturday after about 8 hours the battery indicator light went to yellow. Still had plenty of power so I really don't know how much longer it would have gone. I wouldn't get the third battery right away, give it a chance on 24v. As far as the trolling motor wiring there is nothing you need to do between 24v or 36v. No switches or anything.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

16. Member
    How is the spot lock?
    2013 Ranger Z521 250E-Tech H.O.
    hawghuntersbassclub.org

17. Member
    Any report on how the spot lock works?
    2013 Ranger Z521 250E-Tech H.O.
    hawghuntersbassclub.org

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakekups88 View Post
    How is the spot lock?
    I've never had spot lock or the like before so I really can't compare. I do know I use anchor mode way more than I thought I would and wherever I am, when I hit the button that is where it stays. Just started messing with tracks, waypoints, and routes. Had it follow a track and it was weaving in and out of trees that were fairly close together that I had fished a week or so before.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

19. Member

20. Member
    Are they shipping any motors yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast