Ram Mount Rubber Ball Detoriates

My Ram Mount Rubber Ball Detoriates, looking for a solution? Perhaps I am doing something wrong. I keep the tension on always, even when traveling with the boat on trailer which is probably not a great idea. I should tighten it when I am on the water? Is there a better solution to this issue? Is there another part with a harder ball (No puns intended) . Looking on the Ram mounts site, my FF needs a "C" size ball, the one that is bad is "B" size

IMG_2331.jpg
    Last edited by VH5150; 08-04-2019 at 09:49 AM. Reason: New Info

2. Member
    Wow, I’ve never seen that with a ram mount and I even run them on side x side for ice fishing. What fish finder you holding?

Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    Wow, I’ve never seen that with a ram mount and I even run them on side x side for ice fishing. What fish finder you holding?
    It's holding a Lowrance HDS 7. I rubber ball size in one inch . Looking at the Ram mount web site I should be using a one and half inch rubber ball.

4. Member
    Yeah, I’m guessing you’re pushing the capacity. I ran a HDS 7 and 8 on the 1 1/2” ball without any issues.... I’d bump up a size.

Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    Yeah, I’m guessing you’re pushing the capacity. I ran a HDS 7 and 8 on the 1 1/2” ball without any issues.... I’d bump up a size.
    Agree, will go to a larger size

6. Member
    I think they make them with metal balls also. I use one with a 2” ball,it has a softer coating on it but it’s supposed to be metal. I quit using the 1” rubber balls due to too much vibration.

7. Member
    I have a 2.25" ball and it has a steal core but the ball is composite.

8. Member
    Bass boat technologies has an angled bow mount works so much better tgsn a ram mount.has something for console also