Indian lake, ny fishing?

Anyone ever fish indian lake, going up camping there next week for a few days. Gonna bring the skeeter . Looks like its stocked with trout, but does have smallies and a couple other species. Any info would be appreciated guys, Thanks!

2. Member
    Prob too late now especially since it’s been a week haha. Indian lake has ok bass fishing. It’s more of a lake trout place than anything like many of the Adk lakes. If you want numbers your best bet is to trailer 30min to Raquette lake. If you want quality I’d say go to long lake. If the fishing isn’t that good atleast you’re in a great atmosphere. That more than makes up for it and you’ll probably be the only bass boat on the lake too
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Yeah, there and gone. Did pretty decent, caught smallies and a couple largemouth. No monsters but was a beautiful lake. Definitely wanna get to raquette sometime. We camped on our own island, and stayed right there for a couple days, so bit of a pita to trailer somewhere else this time. Oh well, no such thing as bad fishing! Thanks for the tips and tight lines!

4. Member
    Never fished Indian but I just got home from a week on Tupper lake. Had a blast and caught some really decent bass. I caught about a 50/50 ratio of largemouth vs smallmouth and a few pike thrown in. I was surprised at how nice some of the bass were. I lost multiple 5 pound plus bass and caught several over 4 pounds. Love that area up there!

5. Member
    I was up near tupper last weekend too haha I was camping at Rollins Pond. Ended up getting one fish around 5 and a few others that were 1-2lbs. Slow time at the pond for some reason and even talked to a few guys fishing too who said the same thing. The good thing about those Adirondack lakes is the bass are pretty much an afterthought for locals and tourists, most people are going for pike or lake trout. There’s not a whole lot of tournaments up there too because it’s such a far drive for most clubs so the few guys who do bass fish up there have the place to themselves. That and the fishing only lasts 5 months before ice starts to build up so they never get conditioned to anything haha.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. Member
    Fished Long Lake last yr for a day trip, was a grind. Got most my fish in two areas on jerkbaits around the big island to the north and shoreline near the falls by the launch. Nice lake though. Didnt have enough time to find anything else