Help with Blue Seas fuse box in srarboard locker on my 20PHX

Im installing Garmin Livecope up front and have Garmin box mounting in starboard rod locker and Garmin 93SV graph. Can I run power wire from box and graph to the Blue Seas fuse box instead of running all the way back to the battery ? I think thats what it is for but cant find any refrence from someone that has hooked up their graphs to it .

2. Member
    Were is the power and ground coming from that is powering the Blue Seas fuse box? I added mine because I added more electronics. I have a 6AWG ground from the Blue Seas fuse box straight to the battery, and a 6AWG power from the Blue Seas fuse box back to the outlet side of a circuit protected battery power switch which is connected straight to the battery via 4AWG. I have 10AWG running straight to each unit, and the provided Garmin Livescope power cable is connected directly to the Blue Seas fuse block (bottom wires). Photo attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hooked247; 08-03-2019 at 08:34 PM.

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taratula2 View Post
    Im installing Garmin Livecope up front and have Garmin box mounting in starboard rod locker and Garmin 93SV graph. Can I run power wire from box and graph to the Blue Seas fuse box instead of running all the way back to the battery ? I think thats what it is for but cant find any refrence from someone that has hooked up their graphs to it .

that box is split in 2 parts, one side has a 10g to the battery an the other has a 8g to the battery
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Member
    4958FADF-A0D7-4149-8F85-D784B0AE4270.jpeg
    This is how mine looks from the factory. Top is negative middle is 24 hr power and bottom is switched power. I’m assuming I can use this to power my new Garmin graph and LiveScope box I’m just not sure exactly which posts to hook to.

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taratula2 View Post
    4958FADF-A0D7-4149-8F85-D784B0AE4270.jpeg
    This is how mine looks from the factory. Top is negative middle is 24 hr power and bottom is switched power. I’m assuming I can use this to power my new Garmin graph and LiveScope box I’m just not sure exactly which posts to hook to.
    You have 3 empty with 5amp fuses
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    Thank you Drewtick! I will connect to the middle empty’s I just wanted to make sure that I did not want to use the bottom swicthed power side.

7. Member
    in taratula's picture, can anybody explain which is the side with the 8 gauge vs the side with the 10 gauge? Thank you.
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    A should be 8g with the stripe

its not the same on all models, some have the 8g on the other side and some are both switched, you cane move a wire on the relay and make one side hot all the time
    Last edited by DREWTICK; 08-20-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    info@drewcraft.com

9. Member
    Quick question as I’m installing livescope as well and started looking closer at my wiring. Why would you want anything on 24hr power vs switched power on the factory fuse box? Does that mean it’s constantly putting drain on the battery? I’ve got a few wires in the middle with 5amp fuses and thought about moving them to the switch side.

I have a 2013 920 PRO XP. Do you know if my boat has the accessory fuse panel as is shown in the picture. I know it is not visible in the starboard rod locker. Thanks

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcrappie View Post
    I have a 2013 920 PRO XP. Do you know if my boat has the accessory fuse panel as is shown in the picture. I know it is not visible in the starboard rod locker. Thanks
    no that was not available until late 2015 and became standard in 2016 on all the 9 series boats
    info@drewcraft.com

Thanks

I have replaced a Lowrance HDS 10 with a Garmin 93sv in the bow. I used the same wiring that was on the Lowrance. I have now purchased the Livescope which is compatible with the Garmin 93sv. Can I tie that in with the wiring for the graph or do I have to do something else. I hate the thought of having to run wiring from the bow all the way back to the battery. Thanks