Pizza on a charcoal grill?

Considering cooking a pizza on the charcoal grill. I have watched some videos on this which makes it look simple. Most use a pizza stone that has been warmed up prior to placing the stone on the grill. Some elevate the stone by using bricks, some put the stone right on the grates. Which way works best for you?
    thanks!

I use a kamado style grill wide open with heat deflectors in. That gives me a gap before my pizza stone that is heated up while the grill heats. I just got a pizza peel to transfer the pizza back and forth. Now here’s the kicker for transferring it...blow under a corner of the raw dough to get an air cushion and then it slides great. First couple turned into calzone before that trick. Favorite way to do pizza now. Cook at similar temps to the instructions so it doesn’t scorch.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

Here's how I do mine. Right over the coals.

http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/f15/my-...zza-19140.html

4. Member
    I use a BGE, platesetter in legs down, then I put the grill grate on top of it, followed by 2 bricks to raise it into the dome a little and then the pizza stone. Let it heat up to 450-650* depending on how fast you want it to cook. You can blow under the pie like RDS said, or you can just throw some corn meal on the peel and it will slide right off. I put corn meal on the stone, too.

5. Member
    i let my kamado ramp up to 600+ i have my heat deflector in as well as my bottom rack and top rack.. I pre head my pizza stone in the kamado too when doing hot cooks like that.

I ended up using flour to prevent sticking as I didnt have corn meal.

2004 Ranger Reata 180vs 8" rapid jack magnum CCM reeds 21P tempest plus- 2005 150 optimax 1B044209