Need advice on ZX225 leaking live well fitting

I recently bought a 2001 Skeeter ZX225. Boat is in excellent condition with all new electronics and trolling motor plus the Yamaha has a fresh power head. I put boat in the water last night and have it moored at my covered dock on Lake Travis near Austin, TX. This morning I noticed water in the bilge and after pumping it out can see what looks like a slow but significant leak in a vertical plastic fitting on aft side of one of the two live wells. I don’t understand how lake water is getting to that fitting since live well is not being used and live well pump is shut down, but don’t an understand the live well plumbing arrangement. I don’t have a manual and haven’t found a drawing online of the live well plumbing and parts arrangement. I wonder if someone could share a drawing, exploded parts view or simply advice on this issue. I’m a senior citizen and hate to pull the boat out of the water if I don’t have to, but that may be the only way to fix it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. Member
    What you describe seems to be on the fill side of the livewell. The water bypasses the pump because it is below the waterline. Is the fitting broke at the bottom? Sorry to say, it will be best to load back on trailer and be repaired. Good luck.
    Wes

3. Member
    Thanks for the feedback Wes. I pulled the boat out and took it to a neighbor’s shop. Not sure yet where the leak is but appears to be on the fill side as you suspect. Problem will be diagnosed tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by wahoowillie View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Wes. I pulled the boat out and took it to a neighbor’s shop. Not sure yet where the leak is but appears to be on the fill side as you suspect. Problem will be diagnosed tomorrow.
    It’s a PITA! I had to pull my oil tank and batteries to get enough room to replace the fitting.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

5. Member
    If your doing the repair at you location by the lake, while you have everything out of the way, back it in the lake and run all the pumps. Fill both livewells recirc both. Pump them out. Look for any leaks. That's your best opportunity to fix any leaks. Good luck.
    Wes

6. Member
    recently replaced all hoses and connections because of leak. I don't like to teardown twice.