Sodus Bay Town Launch

Does anyone know anything about the Sodus Bay town launch (on RT 14) being torn up? I saw a post from July 30 on Fix It 4 U's facebook page saying that it is. I actually launched there yesterday and didn't notice anything different than usual. The launch is not well maintained and it is not in good shape, but it hasn't been for years. I am just wondering if there is some type of problem with that ramp under water that I don't know about that could cause damage to the trailer or boat. Thanks for any feedback.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    following this

3. Member
    the Sodus Town launch has been replaced with a permanent single dock as of late last week. No more floating dock. Maybe in the future it may have floating sections perpendicular to the existing structure but nothing yet. Be careful backing in or pulling out because there is a lip that is the separation between the asphalt and the concrete ramp that is sizable and it will sometimes rock you a little. It should be getting easier to launch because the water has gone down about 9" and will continue to get lower.
    Bay Rat
    Basscat Pantera II
    200 Optimax
    HDS 9's
    MK Ultrex

4. Member
    Thank you for the information. I know what you mean about the separation between the asphalt and the concrete ramp. There is a large rise in the concrete close to the dock. I drive off and drive on without using the dock for launching or loading, and I have found that if I back in more in the middle of the ramp, the rise is nowhere near as bad and it is much smoother pulling out. When the water gets lower I will use the Bay Bridge which has a much better ramp, but as of now it is still flooded really bad there.

5. Member
    How's the bite been on Sodus? Haven't been there this year because of the high water. Was thinking there or silver lake tomorrow. We fished conesus this morning and it was really slow.