POWER POLE MODEL DIFFERENCE

Yesterdays fishing trip convinced me that I need a set of Power Poles. Is there a significant difference between the Pro 2 series and the Sportsman 2 series. Also I have a 2019 Ranger 518 L with the Mercury 200 hp Pro XS. Will the 2 power Poles be too much weight for this boat. Tournament days are behind me and I mostly go fishing by myself which is why I chose this model Ranger the perfect size for my needs but the poles would come in as a great aid for me and just not for fishing it would help in launching and getting things ready while sitting in the water, all replies will be greatly appreciated.
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    2 poles are in no way too much for a 518 with a 200 I have customers running (2) 10s on a tin rig with 115's. I would be happy to go over the model differences as well as provide you the lowest package pricing currently out there. Text me or give me a call at the shop!

As far as operational, I don't see any difference. Had blades on my last boat & Sportsman II now. Seems cosmetic is the only difference, both work and do the same. I may be wrong but I think all the hydraulic system is the same. I'm sure someone will say I'm wrong though.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    As far as operational, I don't see any difference. Had blades on my last boat & Sportsman II now. Seems cosmetic is the only difference, both work and do the same. I may be wrong but I think all the hydraulic system is the same. I'm sure someone will say I'm wrong though.
    Hate to say it but that is wrong!

So you're saying they have different hydraulic cylinders in all poles. Blades have a different cylinder, the pros have a different one, signature has a different one, Sportsman II is a different cylinder too. Find that hard to believe. So tell me the differences.
    Last edited by tracer1; 08-05-2019 at 07:17 AM.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    So you're saying they have different hydraulic cylinders in all poles. Blades have a different cylinder, the pros have a different one, signature has a different one, Sportsman II is a different cylinder too. Find that hard to believe. So tell me the differences.
    i dont have time to write a paragraph on the differences in models however id be happy to have a phone converstation about it, example.. pump is different from model to model, spike diameter changes on blade along with plastic overmold, blade offers soft close feature, bushing systems are different, stern brackets vary between models and the list goes on. They do not just charge you extra for the better models just because, its far from just cosmetic. And there currently is no "signature model" btw, just.. Sportsman II, Pro II and Blades. Im always available to go over the model differences for anyone at anytime, not just persepective buyers.