questions and comments

first of all hello old friends Where's everyone fishing this weekend ? First off, some of my old favorite haunts and wondering if anyone fishes them, how they are or if the locals have managed to close ramps. Lovell Lake, Suncook Lakes,Swains,Wic Was, Waukewan, Little Sunapee or Piscataquag river/Kellys Falls in Manchester ?Watching where you hold your " T's " and thinking some of the above would be excellent.My 7 pound smallie came from Little Sunapee. The launch used to be very shallow which kept folks away.A close by lake for Mass and NH boaters would be Potanipo where the State record supposedly comes from.And if you just go out alone in a smaller boat anyone fish Grassy pond in Rindge ? My 9.3 came from it. And I used to LOVE Kezar Lake in Sutton Though it died down before I moved to Florida. Anybody fish any of these ? How do they fish today ? And, if not, y'all should wet a line sometimes .Have a great weekend

2. Member
    Jazz,went to Wic Was with Mac. Ramp is a little more bet up but still the same otherwise. Fishing was slow,3 fish all on top water. Weeds have really choked off some coves.
    Red Sox in 6!

thanks Phil, how is the old warhorse ?

4. Member
    Good to hear from you Jazz. Wicwas isn't what it used to be, that's for sure, but it's still not bad. Potanipo is an utter joke to get into on the weekends so I haven't fished it much in the last few years except for immediately after ice out. Still some big fish hiding in there. Unfortunately, someone pulled a dead 7+ lb largemouth out of it just a few weeks ago, had a big bluegill lodged in its throat. Same thing killed another 7+ lb largemouth on Horseshoe pond in Merrimack when I went there 2 years ago.

I used to fish Grassy Pond a ton when I had a jon boat, but haven't fished it much in the last 10 years. Great little spot, that's nuts you got a 9.3 pounder out of it! How long ago was that? There's some really good ponds out in that area...

the 9.3 was caught mid 70's on a tandem lime spinnerbait It was the 2nd largest caught in NH for a very long time.Talk about small ponds, I caught a 10.8 in a small private pond that I asked permission to fish IN MANCHESTER ! Yes, I know it's a State record. I gave the guy my word I'd never tell where it was but it should be easy to figure out.I caught it during the spawn and admired it and immeadiately released it.We fished a lot of T's out of Contoocook Lake back then. Milton 3 always was very good to me.Glad I was bass fishing when you hardly saw boats on WinniDamn, that just makes me oldThanks for the info on WicWas.

I've only been to a few of those. Once to Swains. Caught a bunch of 2 pounders. Twice to wicwas ,didn't do very well.
    Been to Kelly's falls 3 times. Each time I caught 1 nice lg then
    spent the rest of the time wondering what the heck I was doing there. Lol
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

I forgot , I did go to kezar.a few years ago. It was a really slow day.
    I caught a crappie that spit up a bandaid. Lol
    We picked up halfway through the day and went somewhere else. I tried to go back another time but ran into thunderstorms.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax