drop shotting with a 7" finesse worm

NEVER used any kind of worms on a Dropshot rig, always have used the smaller shad shaped baits or an occasional Fluke. Want to try using a 7" finesse worm. My question is this. Do I nose hook or do I feed it on like when using a Texas rig? What size hooks and do you use an off set EWG hook?

2. Member
    Try an Owner Downshot hook. I have seen 2/0 and I think they come bigger. Thin diameter, very sharp and made so you can t rig or nose hook the bait without changing the hook. If you mostly fish structure without grass they work great. If bigger fish, or ones you have to pull out of cover, grass, laydowns, etc., inhabit your primary bodies of water I would use an EWG. If you fish mostly rock structure and don't have to horse the fish in, give the Owners a try for vertical or casting the dropshot rig.

3. Member
    I use a 3/0 straight shank roboworm hook and it works great. I use Zoom trick worms, Big Bite Baits Kreit Tail worms and roboworms on these hooks

4. Member
    Texas rig or wacky rigged works , I usually don't nose hook bigger worms.

Texas rig with an Owner Cover Shot. Size to match the worm thickness.

6. Member
    Use a VMC spin shot wide gap hook and texas rig.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    Use a VMC spin shot wide gap hook and texas rig.

This is the answer.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Just make sure your rod & line are able to drive the hook through the worm and into the fish...just like any other presentation with plastics.

FWIW, I have been known to "splitshot" a 10" power worm on a baitcaster with 14 lb copolymer. Worked it through a fairly sparse & deep lilly pad field in ver clear water, and caught a nice LM of about 3 lbs. Didn't really need the splitshot to cast it, but to get the tail wiggling right.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.