Talon deployment indicator??

Sorry if this has already been discussed but just wondering if there are any products out there that show whether or not the talons are being deployed. I fish by myself a lot so once I’m at the dock I use the ultrex remote to move my boat out away from the dock and then the talon remote to deploy and hold the boat until I come back. I used the spot lock feature for months but for some reason the last three items I’ve been out I look back to see my spotlock is not holding any longer. Back to the talons, even when I’m in the boat fishing it’s hard as heck to see the lights on the talons indicating whether they are deploying. Not trying to hear about power poles I’ve had those, liked those, and like the talons too just trying to find out how to make them better. Thanks 👍

I’m not trying to sound like an arse, but does your eyesight need checked out? I can clearly see the lights on my talon in even the brightest sunshine, never once had a problem seeing exactly how deep it’s deployed. Maybe there’s something wrong with the lights on yours that they don’t light up as much as they should?
    Triton Tr17, Yamaha 130
    Lund Pro V 1900, Optimax 200
    Smokercraft Pro Mag 182, Suzuki DF140
    Helix 9si, 10si mega
    Minnkota Talon, Terrova

3. Member
    As stated above. Indicator lights for position of the talon when deployed should be pretty bright day light or dark. If they are not then you have a board issue and it should be replaced. There is a way using the green wire in the power cord to give indication that talon is still deployed when the ignition switch is turned on.

4. Member
    Mobile app, Humminbird graphs, and Ultrex remotes (both versions) all show the Talon depth if the indicator lights are hard to see. The mobile app is nice.

I wish the ‘Birds had an option of “always display Talon depth”, it goes away after a few moments. Looking at the integrated depth indicator lights takes a moment longer if you have two Talons. I also wish the Ultrex remote would stay on the Talon up/down screen longer, it defaults back to the main Ultrex menu after a short time Or, just add a Talon deploy button to future remotes if they want to push the one boat network.

5. Member
    I don't know what version Talons you have, but you can adjust the brightness of the panel lights on the bluetooth ones. I fished an overnight tournament and when I'd put my talons down my night vision was gone for a while until I figured that out. You could use those blue panel LEDs to retie on the front deck until I turned them down. I believe there are 3 settings for depth indicator.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

6. Member
    Thanks folks! I need to check how to adjust the brightness level on mine. I have the new Bluetooth ones but when I’m on the front deck I can’t see the blue indicator lights at all. I noticed this past weekend when the talons are deployed the indicator on my bow unit shows them deployed but console unit doesn’t continue showing whether they are deployed. Just shows they are deployed for a few seconds then goes away. Like I said before the big thing for me is seeing the lights obviously but also being able to see whether they are deployed when I’m not in the boat when trailering. I hate to admit it but I didn’t realize the ultrex remote showed the talons. I wondered why the remote did not have talon buttons being that hummingbird markets total boat control. Not complaining about any of this just pointing out I’m an idiot and haven’t figured these things out yet ��