2017 175 TXW Live Well Question

Need some help.
    Background - novice boat owner. Own a 2017 Bass Tracker 175 TXW.
    Here's my problem - I can't get my live well to fill. I've only used it twice. Less than 15 hours over all on my boat. Never any problems.
    I have my red nozzle in the 'in' position....and select fill/recirc either continuous or timer...nothing happens. Don't even hear a motor.
    If I select either recirc/aerator timer and continuos I can hear a motor running.

Will someone help me solve this problem?

Many thanks - Dave

2. Member
    sounds like a fuse or trash in the pump, and not sure how you would get trash unless your screen on the back of the boat came off. can you stick a garden hose over the red nozzle and try and flush it, and look for the blown fuse I guess the pump could have went bad but you would not think so only using it twice
    2006 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX 115 Merc

3. Member
    Moose - thanks for the advice.

Screen looks good; I'll double check the fuses.

I'll flush out the line. Question...do so with the nozzle in the 'in' position?

Thx again for your help...very much appreciated.

Dave

4. Member
    if you can get a hose over the red nozzle i would try it that way so it will spin the pump backwards. what I thinking is there my be a piece of aluminum chip hung in it. from when they built the boat. but if you can't get it over the red nozzle then by all mean's try and force water up it from the outside,
    2006 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX 115 Merc

5. Member
    Do you mean the white nozzle? Red nozzle on my boat I think is for record and pump out.
    I placed a hose on the inlet and water came through the white nozzle (after I opened it a few turns). Turned the pop on while hose was running but nothing.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Courage View Post
    Turned the pop on while hose was running but nothing.
    1. Does this mean you already checked the fuses as you said you would in post #3?
    2. Do your switches have lights indicating that they are switched on, and getting power to the switch?
    3. Perhaps one of the connections came off the switch?
    4. I would start testing each section of that pumps circuit for voltage.

I believe my livewell pumps are down in the bottom of the bilge accessible via either the rear hatch where batteries and fuel tank are, or the round screw lid in the splashwell... pretty sure there are just a squeeze tab on each side to release it and check/clean debris. I cant pretend I know how they did it in any other model, only have experience with the one I currently have.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S