Thread: X19 vs X21

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

X19 vs X21

I'm in the market for a new X19 or an X21 in the next couple of months and was hoping to get some opinions from those who may have knowledge of both. I'm currently in a 18.5' Triton aluminum and overall I'm happy with it--with the exception of speed and rough rides in choppy water. With that said, can anyone compare speed and the ride quality between the X19/X21? Unfortunately, I don't have an Xpress dealer in central NC to test them on my own so I have to trust what I read here before I drive to pick one up. Thanks!

New dealer in Hopewell, Va. I've driven the X-21 but not the X-19. The X-21 is an amazing boat with a 250.

3. Member
    I had a 2014 X19 with 200SHO. super nice.Great boat. I now have a 2019 X21 with a 250 SHO . I like it better. Lots more room. Double the storage. Bigger ft. deck. Not sure about the ride in rough water x21 is a little better. As for top end both seems to top out in mid 60s. NOW I am about to change props may see 70 don't know. You can't go wrong with either boat. GET THE SEA DECK...
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

We had an X18 with a F150 that would run in the med 60's GPS my son has it now. We now have an X21TS 2006 that bought new now with a 2019 250 SHO that runs in the mid 70s without any problems with the handling

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

5. Banned
    Either choice is a good one.
    I would get the X21 with a 250

Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    Either choice is a good one.
    I would get the X21 with a 250

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

7. Member
    I could be happy with a X19 running a 200 SHO flashed to a 300

8. Member
    I had a 19 with 175 and now have the 21 with a 250. The 19 was a great boat and typically ran right around 60 with a full load. It also had a pretty good ride in rough water. I still have the pt vmx prop on the 21 and typically see 67 before it wants to porpoise, but that should change soon when I change props. Can’t go wrong either way, but the difference in room on the front deck is crazy
    2019 Xpress X21 - Yamaha 250 VMAX SHO

If you go with a 19 opt for the tandem axle trailer and a 200.
    2005 Xpress X19 Tournament Series Dual Console
    Yamaha VMAX HPDI 175

10. Member
    After basically having both I prefer the x-19. Both boats are great but the 19 is easier to handle. I really liked the longer rod storage of the 21 but not worth the difference to me. Both handle rough water without issue with the 21 being a bit smoother ride in the nasty stuff. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    Aw nobody would be crazy enough to do that, would they??!! CJ

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    Aw nobody would be crazy enough to do that, would they??!! CJ
    Yes! T Bob on here from Louisiana has one and a YouTube video of him driving it 87 GPS. Google Xpress Bass Boat 87 mph YouTube.

He makes it look easy but acknowledged he has a lot of seat time in high performance bass boats. Bullet and Stroker if I recall.

Makes a lot of guys in glass boats do a double take when he drives by them.

13. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    I have been thinking about selling my Stroker and going this route. HT flash 355hp raised limiter, fat shaft, and possibly 1.62 gears.
    I need to get in a x19 pro to see if I like it.
    LeaLea

14. Member
    Yes! T Bob on here from Louisiana has one and a YouTube video of him driving it 87 GPS. Google Xpress Bass Boat 87 mph YouTube.

He makes it look easy but acknowledged he has a lot of seat time in high performance bass boats. Bullet and Stroker if I recall.

Makes a lot of guys in glass boats do a double take when he drives by them.
    That was kinda wink, wink comment. CJ

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    I have been thinking about selling my Stroker and going this route. HT flash 355hp raised limiter, fat shaft, and possibly 1.62 gears.
    I need to get in a x19 pro to see if I like it.
    It would be hard to say if you would like it. The fit and finish is no where near a stroker/Allison but I know not worring about the same has been a blessing to me. Any time I have been in my buddies Allison or Blazer that is what I am mostly concerned about. If you don't mind fixing small issues then they are a great boat. CJ

16. Member
    Never owned an X21 but have 2 X19’s now both with 200 opti’s and they run upper 60’s and ride great for a 19’ boat. I’ve driven a few X21’s and they ride a little flatter than the 19. If were going to be in big water I’d prefer the 21 but for my use I like the 19’s maneuverability. The newer 19’s have a much wider front deck than the older ones.

17. Member
    It’s all preference if you fish a lot of skinny water stump fields sloughs standing timber the 19 will be easier to get around in if your all main lake big water the 19 is a good platform but the 21 will of course handle it a little better I’ve been on guntersville,wheeler, Wilson, eufaula with some bad weather 3 footers and haven’t broken a weld or had any trouble in my 19. Tourney load speeds between the 2 with the right setup will be 3-4 mph at best. Garage space towing and the way you fish should be your decision maker can’t go wrong with either. My next one will be a 21.
    2015 X19 200 SHO

18. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    It would be hard to say if you would like it. The fit and finish is no where near a stroker/Allison but I know not worring about the same has been a blessing to me. Any time I have been in my buddies Allison or Blazer that is what I am mostly concerned about. If you don't mind fixing small issues then they are a great boat. CJ
    I love my Stroker a lot and it runs good fishes awesome but I'm constantly worried about scratching it ect. I fish just about 100% of the time on the the back water of the Mississippi River and some areas I dont go now since owning my Stroker.
    I need to look a new one over and drive it to see if this will work for me, thanks for your comments.
    LeaLea

19. Member
    [QUOTE=1Holeshot;10446449]Yes! T Bob on here from Louisiana has one and a YouTube video of him driving it 87 GPS. Google Xpress Bass Boat 87 mph YouTube.

He makes it look easy but acknowledged he has a lot of seat time in high performance bass boats.

He does make it look easy, and from my experience they are harder to drive at speed than a Allison or the Blazer I have driven. Once mine gets above 69-70 the corrections you have to make are way more than either of these boats. Set up is huge with this hull. Mine is rock stable to 65, at 70 you have to make normal corrections. With a different prop t-27 mine will run mid to upper 70's BUT it is a bear to drive and above my experience level and comfort level to get to 80 IF I have enough power. I am only at 275 at the prop. So my guess is I am done at upper 70's. CJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    I love my Stroker a lot and it runs good fishes awesome but I'm constantly worried about scratching it ect. I fish just about 100% of the time on the the back water of the Mississippi River and some areas I dont go now since owning my Stroker.
    I need to look a new one over and drive it to see if this will work for me, thanks for your comments.
    Best thing i ever did selling my dream bullet for an xpress. I looked at all the aluminums.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast