Curado 50e 6:1
    733 c med Powell ex fast Quantum Icon 100 6:1
    683c med Powell ex. Fast
    use for 3:8 oz jogs (swim and pitch)
    Carolina rigs,
    Frogs
    big worms up to 12”
    do I need to use leader?

On spinning I use Quantum EXO 25 and a Hammer 7’ med for Ned rigs and small Zoom dead ringers
    quantum energy 2500 and Powell Inferno 7’ med rod ex fast

just need general stuff

old dude at 71 still learning and wanting to get better
    have always had success with old stern clear blue, I mean the real old stren.Some of this new line leaves a lot to be desired.

thanks

2. Scraps
    With the braid you may not need that 705 mag hvy. I use an Endurance 724C and really like it for throwing frogs in all kinds of conditions - mat and target fishing. Have a couple of the Endurance 733s and really like them as an all-purpose rod and had thought they would work great with braid.

I'm not really big into braid other than for frogs and spinning gear. Also not a fan of a leader for anything but spinning gear with light line. I also resist using braid for anything where I think I'll get hung up a lot, like pitching to docks or laydowns.

Nothing wrong with using what works for you and that old Stren has been around for a loooong time and for a good reason.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

reaction baits rarely any need to use a leader, i.e. a swim jig, kind of depends on water clarity and fishing pressure for bottom bouncing baits

C-rigs, I would do braid to swivel and fluoro or mono from swivel to bait

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Depends on your water clarity and if you believe that braid costs bites. I fish braid on almost everything so you know my stance. The braid will make a med/fast fish a bit more firm, any rod will fish more firm with no stretch. You will learn to adjust your drag to your way of fishing, but you will be surprised how little drag you will be using on treble hook lures!

Many people use a fc leader. My opinion is that if you do go that route use real fc leader material not just some fc line. They’re very different things!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV