Missouri-retirement questions-Table Rock and Branson area

Does Missouri have any tax benefits for retirees, pensions, etc?
    Any thoughts on Branson Area?
    we just visited and people were great, friendly and very hospitable.
    We were told the schools are great and over funded because of tourist revenue.
    New hospitals, roads all without orange cones and no potholes.
    We do not attend the shows-just golf and fish.
    For a town of 10,000 it has a lot of extras that most don’t.

Anyone else care to share their thoughts on Missouri and Branson?

thanks

I love the branson area but don't think I could live there with just the tourist traffic.
    I would pick some place close to Branson but a bit away from it.
    if I had my way I would have a small place on Tablerock in Kimberling city

My home...and I wish I could get back there. The tourist traffic is horrible, but it's not year round traffic. You will learn the alternate routes/back roads. My wife and I both left in the 70's for career purposes, but we have a lot of family back there, including a daughter that teaches high school math. We are such Ozark hillbillies...we were married in the Wilderness Church at Silver Dollar City! The fishing is phenomenal, and not just at Table Rock. You have lakes and rivers all over. My favorite used to be the Niangua River, long before all of the float companies moved in. Anyway, I would highly recommend it. By my BBC handle, you can see that my favorite local cuisine is Springfield cashew chicken :)

4. Member
    We were there Sunday -Wednesday. Played golf, drove around looking at houses, had a great time.
    i would rather fish bull Shoals but it is right down the street.
    Branson looks pretty livable to me for a small town.
    lot’s of golf courses for a little town.
    kings river is on my list for Smallies.

5. Member
    I have a place in Cape Fair now. I keep my boat at the Marina there. When I retire we plan on building in the area. We did have a condo in branson for a few years but I never liked the traffic and that's a really busy part of the lake if you keep your boat around state park or Kimberling city.
    I think the Branson West, Reeds spring , Cape Fair area is the way to go, for us anyway. If you want to be on Bull Shoals, K dock is closer to the Branson area however.

6. Member
    I have a place in Cape Fair now. When I retire we plan on building in the area. We did have a condo in branson for a few years but I never liked the traffic and that's a really busy part of the lake if you keep your boat around state park or Kimberling city.
    I think the Branson West, Reeds spring , Cape Fair area is the way to go, for us anyway. If you want to be on Bull Shoals, K dock is closer to the Branson area however.

7. Member
    Hollister.

8. Member
    As far as Table Rock goes, the area from Kimberling to the dam has a LOT of boat traffic on the weekends, but if you're retired you can get out during the week ? Personally I prefer the Shell Knob area, away from the crowds and traffic. Mid lake Bull Shoals is beautiful, (have a corps front lot there), but that lake floods out badly a lot of years, like this year. If ya want to golf a lot, probably want to stay close to the Branson area, might get tired of driving those hills if you have to go very far very often. No tax?pension benefits for retirees in Mo. that I am aware of, I plan to switch my residency to Texas before I start drawing social security ( I have a winter place down on the border there). No state income tax in Tejas.