Thread: KONOWA Today

KONOWA Today

I Fished Konawa today, and I got zero fish, one good bite but thats it.... There were only three other boats, and I talked to two of them neither of them had either a fish either, and I was the last and only boat on the lake by middle of the afternoon. I’ve never seen the water temperature as high as it was today, at the discharge the water temperature was over 103°, the rest of the lake was 98°. I’m guessing this had something to do with the fish being as inactive as they were, I never graphed a fish shallower than 16 feet, and my only bite was fishing off a point in about that depth. I fished shallow with TR and top water and I fished deeper with Ned rig’s and jigs. Threw some cranks at the dam. Maybe I just suck, I don’t know. The temperature read 103° on both my graphs and you could tell by touching the water it was accurate. Otherwise I never would have believed it.

You probably don't want to see this but this is the results from the Wednesday night tournament last night. I assure you, that lake fishes tough when it gets that hot but the fish are out there. I probably would have had the same results as you!

We fished this evening , and yes it was hot BUT, so was the fishing, this is how it went down. 1st place was Jeff McMahan and Jim Hudson their (3) fish limit weighed 16.14 lbs and they also had Big Bass with a 6.75 lb R ( Good Job Jeff) 2nd place was Zac Horton and BJ Kisee their fish weighed 10.1 lbs, 3rd place was Zach and Darren Fowler . We will fish our next Wednesday tournament on August 14th , see yall then.
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinnerb8 View Post
    You probably don't want to see this but this is the results from the Wednesday night tournament last night. I assure you, that lake fishes tough when it gets that hot but the fish are out there. I probably would have had the same results as you!

We fished this evening , and yes it was hot BUT, so was the fishing, this is how it went down. 1st place was Jeff McMahan and Jim Hudson their (3) fish limit weighed 16.14 lbs and they also had Big Bass with a 6.75 lb R ( Good Job Jeff) 2nd place was Zac Horton and BJ Kisee their fish weighed 10.1 lbs, 3rd place was Zach and Darren Fowler . We will fish our next Wednesday tournament on August 14th , see yall then.
    I know there out there, I have caught nice fish there before....So if you don’t mind, can I ask what you did to catch them? When you say this evening are you talking about today? I just left there probably hour and a half ago and there were no boats on the lake .....I’m just trying to learn that lake....It kicked my butt. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    I know there out there, I have caught nice fish there before....So if you don’t mind, can I ask what you did to catch them? When you say this evening are you talking about today? I just left there probably hour and a half ago and there were no boats on the lake .....I’m just trying to learn that lake....It kicked my butt. LOL
    Sorry to confuse. I didn't fish and I just copied and pasted the results that they post on Basszone every week about their tournament.
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

5. Member
    Konowa is really tough right now in spite of the fact that some of the men fishing the Wednesday night had a good evening. I have a couple of friends that have fished that lake for years and they say yes its tough. Haven't been seeing the schoolers as much this year or last year as in the past. Some people think that something has happened to the fish-not sure what. I know, I know just learn to fish!