Vinyl House wash recipes ?

Too remove mold/mildew and bird poo. The birds love hitting one side of our house.

2. 1sharphook
    Jomax mixed with bleach per instructions in 3 gallon pump sprayer. Let it soak but not dry. The chemicals do 90% of the work and will not harm your landscaping. Shade or a cloudy day extends your soak time.

A car wash brush/pole works great for gutters and tough spots.

Smile while you watch it work.

3. Member
    Thank you.

4. Member
    simple green, Tri-sodium Phosphate (TSP), and a bit of bleach mixed with a little water in a pump up sprayer. Soak, scrub if needed, and rinse...This works well for pressure treated wooden decks as well.

5. Member
    Thank you

6. Member
    Jomax & outdoor bleach
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

7. Member
    Pool Shock(only takes a couple of ounces/gal water) add squirt of Dawn (this makes solution stay on surface longer).Spray on w/pump sprayer, wait 30 minutes, wash off.Or if you have a pressure washer with pick-up tube do it that way.

8. Member
    I've used Mold Armor from Lowes many times and it works great. Spray it on and watch it work..

Rick

9. Member
    Watch carefully as to how much bleach is used...it is very effective but also is corrosive and will prematurely start to deteriorate the vinyl's protective layer and it will start to chalk the surface...

10. Member
    Don't use bleach as edw says, try L A AWESOME sold here in dollar stores and its cheap.
    pretty good at drinking beer

11. Member
    wow mikeva...don't know what your qualifications are...but I did state be "careful" with the amount of bleach. I have been in the home improvement business for over 35 years...and have used this formula for over 15 years...not looking in any way to start a feud by the way.... was just trying to help out...I have seen some pretty neglected homes in my day and sometimes bleach is the only way to make even a dent in the situation....

12. Member
    A hot water pressure washer will take care of everything.

Cheapest bleach you can get. Mix it 1/3 bleach 2/3 water in pump sprayer. Pressure washer will mostly just be used for rinsing . Work from top down .