Tips for Tillery this weekend 8/3/19

My friend is coming down from DC and it has been many years since he has been on Tillery. I've heard the bite has been real tough lately. Any tips for trying to get him on a few this Saturday.

If I fished to live.....I'd starve to death!

Dynamite would be a good choice! It's as tough as I've seen it right now but it gets like this every year about this time. As far as Saturday goes...I'd try my best to be off the water by 9-9:30!
    USMC Vet!

Thanks. That's my normal plan to be gone by 10:30 or so. Stop by that store down the road and have a burger, then head back to Fayetteville. Hopefully this rain will help with the bite.

dont know about Tillery but there's good amout of schooling on Badin righ now esply 1st am and just before dark, if history is any good try the point at the mouth of horse shoe bend where the marker /shoal is usually small white woper ploper or 3 in swim bait light line works

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank A View Post
    dont know about Tillery but there's good amout of schooling on Badin righ now esply 1st am and just before dark, if history is any good try the point at the mouth of horse shoe bend where the marker /shoal is usually small white woper ploper or 3 in swim bait light line works
    They were schooling on Tillery earlier this week but the bait they were after was tiny. They also wouldn't touch anything.
    USMC Vet!

Quote Originally Posted by jamey1e View Post
    They were schooling on Tillery earlier this week but the bait they were after was tiny. They also wouldn't touch anything.
    Huge balls of tiny shad and we couldn't get a bite either. Had a few blowups on a buzz bait and caught one keeper on a senko and a 13 inch fatty(this 13 inch fish weighed more than the 15 inch keeper) on a crank bait. Gone by 11:00.

Quote Originally Posted by bassranger1 View Post
    Huge balls of tiny shad and we couldn't get a bite either. Had a few blowups on a buzz bait and caught one keeper on a senko and a 13 inch fatty(this 13 inch fish weighed more than the 15 inch keeper) on a crank bait. Gone by 11:00.
    I don't know what it is about summertime schooling fish but I just can't catch them. The same activity any other season on Tillery means lights out...but not in the summer!
    USMC Vet!

8. Member
    Pull out the UL and tie on a Little Cleo. That little spoon wit catch 'em. Used to keep the kids entertained with that setup......