Polar Kraft has sold

The dealer tells me Polar Kraft has been sold to Apex Marine. (another small(ish) private marine corp).
    Both they and I are thinking this will be a good thing for PK. They have for too long concentrated so heavily on just the v hull family and multi-species boats while ignoring that they also build really good bass, hunting, general purpose boats.
    I told the dealer - well maybe Apex will do something about Pk's presence in the market. Their website has a bunch of old info, their social media presence sucks, they hardly ever do any videos or advertising.
    The dealer laughed and said he and the owner of Apex had the same exact conversation - almost word for word.

so maybe Apex will bring PK into the modern world a little.

It would be nice if the new owner stepped up the game. I'm thinking about buying a new mod Vee tiller boat and both the PK website and PDF brochure are seriously lacking in available information.

3. Banned
    interesting
    nothing on internet yet.???

4. Member
    It's true.

5. Member
    It is amazing how many websites lack any real information.

Some ten years ago, our previous retirement place, www.leisurevillagefoxlake.com ...was in need of a web site. Just something to let people know what we had available for them. The board asked me to build them one.

At the time, I could hardly spell WebSite. But, with the help of a website vendor, I was able to cobble up something that told our story. It isn't Rocket Science. Heck, it isn't as hard as re-wiring an old boat.

Ten years later, I imagine anyone could build a decent website with the tools that are available today. I am glad to see that the new owners will be moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    interesting
    nothing on internet yet.???
    I have not seen anything - I did email Apex MArine though. Do not know if they will email me back to confirm or deny

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    It would be nice if the new owner stepped up the game. I'm thinking about buying a new mod Vee tiller boat and both the PK website and PDF brochure are seriously lacking in available information.
    I think PK really kind of mostly ignored their mod v line. They were heavily invested in the V hulls.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by delee36 View Post
    I think PK really kind of mostly ignored their mod v line. They were heavily invested in the V hulls.
    They make one hell of a mod v bassboat! Loving my TX 195 Pro!

9. Member
    I'm with OhioChamp my TX 195 pro couldn't be much better.

10. Banned
    Straight from Andy at Polar Kraft, they were bought out by Apex Marine on July 15th

Straight from Andy at Polar Kraft, they were bought out by Apex Marine on July 15th
    Hopeful a stronger company emerges from the pairing than the two were alone.

They make one hell of a mod v bassboat! Loving my TX 195 Pro!
    I was impressed with the older bass boat I was in ---what was it called - Bass America (???). It was an 18 foot and was a nice boat. Very similar to yours (hull wise etc).

I have done much in my new one yet - still doing break in - but so far there are a couple things I like about it.
    Like that it is not as "tippy" as other Mod V's I have owned or been in.
    The other multipurpose (is that what I should call mine? I suppose) fishing/hunting boats i have been in - even new - were noisy. Mine is quiet on the water.
    I am really liking my alum floor over the HDPE or composite board floors of other manufacturers.

...a couple wee little fit and finish things I wish PK would have done differently, but mostly minor things.

13. Member
    The problem with some of these manufacturers is dealers. If you do not have a broad dealer network things can get tough. What is holding up the entire industry is pontoon boats. Look at the major aluminum lines Tracker, Lowe, G3. The Johnny Morris group is dominating at this time in fish boat sales. Along with pontoons doing quite well. In this day in age if you are not selling pontoons to the Baby Boomers you are finding out large sums of money are being left on the table. It was very hard for me to switch from selling Lund boats to Lowe pontoons but you must follow the money to survive.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    The problem with some of these manufacturers is dealers. If you do not have a broad dealer network things can get tough. What is holding up the entire industry is pontoon boats. Look at the major aluminum lines Tracker, Lowe, G3. The Johnny Morris group is dominating at this time in fish boat sales. Along with pontoons doing quite well. In this day in age if you are not selling pontoons to the Baby Boomers you are finding out large sums of money are being left on the table. It was very hard for me to switch from selling Lund boats to Lowe pontoons but you must follow the money to survive.
    Thats why Lund got back into the pontoon racket after two decades away. Are the Lowe pontoons built at the Harris facility in Fort Wayne too?