Best place in TX to buy

Thinking of getting into a z-21 next boat. Where is the best place to buy in Texas? I’m most interested in competitive pricing and competent boat preparation as I’m a tournament fisherman. Thanks!
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

Don't think tournament fisherman or not matters. Do your research on your dealer. My BPS has some good people that will talk to you before they rig your boat. Know what you want. I have specific details I ask for in rigging, and they have always been accommodating.

Go talk to the dealers, ask to talk the service manager. I bet you'll have a good feel for a dealer after talking to them.
    Last edited by BMCD; 08-01-2019 at 07:14 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    I goofed when I bought my boat from my local dealer. I got my info of what I wanted on my boat from other dealers and then found out that I had a local dealership that was a 30 min drive from my house. That dealership ended up being nasty to me and was NO help what so ever. In fact my Nitro Z19 was the first Nitro that they have ever sold. Being it was only 30 min from me I did that instead of buying from a dealership who was very very helpful to me in what I wanted in my boat. I have only talk to the guy over the phone, but I am here to tell you if I had to do it all over again I would have made the 13 hr drive to Pro's Choice in MO and boat my boat from Pete. He really knows what he is talking about and was very helpful. I am sure that there is other people on here that will back up what I say too. Just my opinion.

4. Member
    Call the guys at Pro Choice! Blake was great and everyone there will help any way they can! They rigged my Z21 in 3 1/2 days the way I wanted it and then some things I even forgot to tell them. Have not had 1 issue with anything and I'm picky! I really had no intention of buying a new boat but 1 phone call and a couple of emails and I couldn't say no with the price and what they offered on my trade. I wouldn't even think about calling any other place in the future. Any Bass Pro close can do any service work u need. They are worth the drive. I promise!

5. Member
    Amen to the above 2 posts. I have bought 2 boats from Pete and will buy a 3rd if the desire hits. I had some service work done on both the boat and motor at my local BPS and they did a good job.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

6. Member
    You might want to look into buying a 8 month old state team boat. It will be rigged out, and any bugs will have been addressed . Plus it will be 8-10k cheaper and in some states, no sales tax on a used boat.

7. Member
    Larry’s Marine in Wichita Falls. I’m picking my new boat up there in two weeks.
    Bodie Landes
    2019 Nitro Z20 250 Mercury Proxs4

8. Member
    I purchased my 2018 Z18 at a local boat store. I was told pricing is directed from Nitro for all locations. Not sure if that is the truth or not.
    The local dealer has a good reputation and no issues to date.
    Good advise has been previously provided. Get your boat rigged as your want, e.g., fish fishers.
    Vic

It is 100% true, Dealer added options is where a difference can be made.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

10. Member
    Good dealer, Quality Marine, Onalaska, TX

Good luck in your search, you will love it once you get it.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.