Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crawdads in the live well🤢

Was tinkering in the boat tonight. My boy was in the well. "Dad, when you fish, do you catch crawdads?"
    "No, why?"
    "There's two in your live well!"

🤢 A week in the tank during July produces white fuzz and stench!
    Will check tomorrow night for regurgitation before I leave the ramp.

2. Banned
    Yup, them buggers can cause a stink... Dan

Always craw parts in my wells after a tournament....

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    Can poison your new catches.

Never been a problem if you run the fill pumps and not re-circ.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member
    Dump a little 20% peroxide in your livewells every so often and recirculate them it will eat up the organisms

7. Member
    We had a couple of guys years back in a Federation tournament that had crawfish in their livewell that were crawling around after a tournament. Needless to say, they were disqualified.

Claws & such are normal...not live craws....

M

Found this in the livewell after a tourney earlier this month. We were less than an ounce from 3rd place, thinking this may have bumped us up.PSX_20190730_231737.jpg
    Scott
    Stratos 285XL

I can’t remember what tournament it was but a guy was waiting in line to weigh and his 6 pound plus bass coughed up a huge —I mean a huge bullfrog in the weigh in bag. He was trying to convince them at the scales they should weigh that dead frog because it was inside of that bass when he caught it.

They didn’t see it like that

10. Member
    A guy I know caught a 6+ bass in one of the old Red Man (now BFL) series tournaments and it coughed up a giant shad. Just before weigh in, he stuffed it back down the fishes throat and told his draw partner,"I caught it and it was in this bass and I am weighing it in with it in it". Cheating, I don't know.

I missed 1st place in a tournament by 1oz and had a big dead bluegill in my live well. Cost me a lot of money.

Those ounces lost are crucial. Our DNR implemented a slot limit on the river we're fishing and all the fish weighed in are the same size. 100ths of a pound make the difference. We missed money by .01.

13. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Caught a good one on the Ohio River years ago in a state finals. When I got to the weigh-in, there was a half-grown muskrat in my Livewell. Since it was also half-digested, getting it out wasn’t pleasant.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

14. Member
    Took grandson(5) out over the 4th to fish for bluegill. Forgot and left my cricket cage in cooler for a couple weeks. Another nice aroma.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

I like finding crawdads in my livewell

16. Member
    Usually always crawdad bits in my live well. When my Son was young I usesd to take him fishing and he liked to mess with a fish in the live well so I would always leave one small fish in there to give him something to do when he got bored. One time I forgot to release his fish, forward a week later and noticed a horrible oder in the garage, thats right that fish was real dead and stinky. It took several cleanings with different cleaners to get the bad stink out of there. For years there was still a faint oder in there when it stayed closed for a while. I guess the oder permeated the fiberglass.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdadking View Post
    I like finding crawdads in my livewell
    YUP! When I see that I am going to fish my favorite way. With a jig, whatever the necessary retrieve :)
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

18. Banned
    A bass’s revenge against the tournament angler, puke and lose weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dave540 View Post
    A guy I know caught a 6+ bass in one of the old Red Man (now BFL) series tournaments and it coughed up a giant shad. Just before weigh in, he stuffed it back down the fishes throat and told his draw partner,"I caught it and it was in this bass and I am weighing it in with it in it". Cheating, I don't know.
    I saw JT Kenney do this very thing at an FLW on the Potomac a few years ago. He had a huge nasty looking bluegill on the floor of his boat and he shoved down a fish's throat before putting it in the weigh in bag. He just looked at me and smiled. Seemed kind of shady to me.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by MMyles View Post
    We had a couple of guys years back in a Federation tournament that had crawfish in their livewell that were crawling around after a tournament. Needless to say, they were disqualified.

Claws & such are normal...not live craws....

M
    Man, that is tough, a few times a year i find live craws in my livewell after fishing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast