Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Never had a Lund weld crack...Just sayin'

That sucks. I hope they get you a new hull ASAP

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post

I remember a guy on walleye a while back that lost a few rivets on a newer crossover. but you are right they have a lot less problems then all these welded boats have.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    Because of one post?? Keep in mind, no one can speak to the "other" side as to why it was denied as a warranty issue. There is only one side. Also, keep in mind the excellent Ranger customer service you speak of was established over the years on the shoulders of MANY of the now Vexus guys / gals. The same ones who helped build a very strong brand loyalty.
    I, along with many other owners have experienced top notch customer service thus far. It was unfortunate what happened to the owners boat, however unless you can show the findings and investigation details from the brand, kind of hard to say the customer service is truly suspect after only hearing one side. You seem to follow Vexus closely, you know that there are very few complaints on the customer service. I think the bigger issue is that some people assumed Vexus would be perfect, then there was shock and awe when something happened. I think it is a delusional thought process to remotely think there will be no issues.
    I was 1st year owner of a tin Ranger and now a 1st year owner of a Vexus. With many of the same people people designing and building both boats. No regrets. Undoubtedly Vexus is positioning itself to be at the top. I believe it will come, the Vexus team knows how to do just that.
    With all this experience you speak of you would think that Vexus would have known better. Just because you have guys up top with many years of experience sometimes it doesn't trickle down to every aspect of the operation. Basically they had to replace the boat beause of the beating they were taking on social media which could have been avoided with a little more communication between the buyer and Vexus on what exactly happened instead of assuming. You don't become one of the top manufacturers by claiming to be one, you do it by producing a great product and most of all how you handle things when there's an issue.

Ranger understands customer service and proves it with how they treat their customers. I am sure the OP will be taken care of without having to go to battle.

4. Member
    I would try to get a new hull. That looks horrible, something is not right with that.

Because of one post?? Keep in mind, no one can speak to the "other" side as to why it was denied as a warranty issue. There is only one side. Also, keep in mind the excellent Ranger customer service you speak of was established over the years on the shoulders of MANY of the now Vexus guys / gals. The same ones who helped build a very strong brand loyalty.
    I, along with many other owners have experienced top notch customer service thus far. It was unfortunate what happened to the owners boat, however unless you can show the findings and investigation details from the brand, kind of hard to say the customer service is truly suspect after only hearing one side. You seem to follow Vexus closely, you know that there are very few complaints on the customer service. I think the bigger issue is that some people assumed Vexus would be perfect, then there was shock and awe when something happened. I think it is a delusional thought process to remotely think there will be no issues.
    I was 1st year owner of a tin Ranger and now a 1st year owner of a Vexus. With many of the same people people designing and building both boats. No regrets. Undoubtedly Vexus is positioning itself to be at the top. I believe it will come, the Vexus team knows how to do just that.

Jonesslk - I've seen a lot of your post on here and you are definitely drinking the Vexus cool aid and spewing it back out all over Bass Boat Central. In this thread you have effectively done what the guys at Vexus have been doing since they left Ranger... attempt to take credit for every good thing that ever happened at Ranger while acting like anything bad that happened was no fault of theirs or that it happened after they left.

In one post you are slamming Ranger for it's history of standing behind issues by saying that is not something to brag about, but then you follow up by saying that Ranger's great reputation for customer service was built by the guys over at Vexus. If you are going to give them credit for the customer service excellence then maybe you need to give them some responsibility for the issues also???

Quote Originally Posted by 5star View Post
    Jonesslk - I've seen a lot of your post on here and you are definitely drinking the Vexus cool aid and spewing it back out all over Bass Boat Central. In this thread you have effectively done what the guys at Vexus have been doing since they left Ranger... attempt to take credit for every good thing that ever happened at Ranger while acting like anything bad that happened was no fault of theirs or that it happened after they left.

In one post you are slamming Ranger for it's history of standing behind issues by saying that is not something to brag about, but then you follow up by saying that Ranger's great reputation for customer service was built by the guys over at Vexus. If you are going to give them credit for the customer service excellence then maybe you need to give them some responsibility for the issues also???

Since you seem to follow me closely, I would suggest you go back and complete full stalking assessment. Also, maybe you could point me in the direction where Vexus themselves has taken credit for all the was done at Ranger. I missed that.
    I have posted negative and positive about on both brands been pretty consistent with that, as I had issues with my Vexus early on. Not major issues but enough that I called Vexus. I also had major issues with my 1st year 188, which I had awesome CS along with horrible service in 2016, hence why I got out of it. I have said the same. You go ahead and do your homework and provide a report out.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

7. Banned
    Since you seem to follow me closely, I would suggest you go back and complete full stalking assessment. Also, maybe you could point me in the direction where Vexus themselves has taken credit for all the was done at Ranger. I missed that.
    I have posted negative and positive about on both brands been pretty consistent with that, as I had issues with my Vexus early on. Not major issues but enough that I called Vexus. I also had major issues with my 1st year 188, which I had awesome CS along with horrible service in 2016, hence why I got out of it. I have said the same. You go ahead and do your homework and provide a report out.
    I like Vexus, but they rely heavily on their involvement in the past on Ranger. Pretty every marketing thing they have has it inferred that they have all the experience, tradition, etc.

8. Member
    Could it just be as simple as some guys who made a lucrative living at Ranger wanted to keep the gravy train rolling?
    Was there truly a void in the bass boat market? Very subjective question, but I don’t see it.

In the end it creates some jobs and that’s the American Dream, so if the market supports it, awesome!

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundah View Post
    Could it just be as simple as some guys who made a lucrative living at Ranger wanted to keep the gravy train rolling?
    Was there truly a void in the bass boat market? Very subjective question, but I don’t see it.

In the end it creates some jobs and that’s the American Dream, so if the market supports it, awesome!
    d

Given the number of brands that have disappeared and the amount of consolidation it would seem that there is room for a new boat if they choose their niche wisely.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

10. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Could it just be as simple as some guys who made a lucrative living at Ranger wanted to keep the gravy train rolling!
    BINGO.....
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

11. Member
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forum.../t-492354.html

This is an interesting topic of leaking Lund rivets and some being covered under a warranty and some it seems like don't get covered lifetime depending on where the rivet is. Also I think I read here there was a guy that said he had 2000 rivets and only 1900 leaked.

The leak wouldn't worry me as bad as them possibly denying warranty on it and also the fact that a little seep like that could waterlog the foam and you not even know it. You would think that for what they charge and if they had the confidence you seem to have that they would lifetime warranty the hull to the first owner. Just sayin'.....
    Last edited by FloridaFlyer; 08-03-2019 at 10:23 AM.
    RT188

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dluck2123 View Post
    . Curious to see how Ranger deals with this situation in its entirety. I will keep posting updates.
    So....what's the update??? Did they get the boat to the factory yet? Sometimes they have to wait on a delivery and then ship a boat back on the truck. I was just wondering where things stand. It's been a week or so now.
    RT188

14. Member
    I agree that stuff happens and all manufacturers turn out a lemon now and then. What I don't agree with is how long it takes to get the issues resolved, whether by repair or replacement. Months sucks. Even tin bass boats cost as much as many new cars and trucks. Can't imagine 2 months or longer to deal with a warranty issue regarding a new car or truck. I'm sure someone can report an exception but the point still stands. They, the dealer and subsequently the manufacturer, have our money and should be more responsive.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    https://www.walleyecentral.com/forum.../t-492354.html

This is an interesting topic of leaking Lund rivets and some being covered under a warranty and some it seems like don't get covered lifetime depending on where the rivet is. Also I think I read here there was a guy that said he had 2000 rivets and only 1900 leaked.

The leak wouldn't worry me as bad as them possibly denying warranty on it and also the fact that a little seep like that could waterlog the foam and you not even know it. You would think that for what they charge and if they had the confidence you seem to have that they would lifetime warranty the hull to the first owner. Just sayin'.....
    I won't defend the Lund warranty process as I had a paint issue that took almost 3 years to correct. Much of that was the dealerships fault and they are no longer in business. All boat brands have issues here and there. Cracked welds on both the RT and VS hulls and on the trailers that pull them around are well documented in online forums. When Tracker slapped a 150 on the back of the 195, the transom welds were cracking. That has apparently been resolved as I haven't heard or read any complaints in some time. I also have never visited the Tracker Privilege forum either. 😁

16. Banned

Their marketing team was phenomenal. Giving little bits and pieces for months. It's a sharp looking hull. Still too new to get real world feedback on the quality and longevity of the hull.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    So....what's the update??? Did they get the boat to the factory yet? Sometimes they have to wait on a delivery and then ship a boat back on the truck. I was just wondering where things stand. It's been a week or so now.

As of right now boat left my local tracker dealer on Tuesday morning and I called Dixie marine yesterday and they haven’t heard anything. He assumed it had been delivered but it sounds like they haven’t processed it yet.

18. Member
    Hey man sorry to hear about this. I don’t want to sound negative, but I have a 2018 178. The weld split on me at the bow. It took 9 weeks from the time I dropped my boat off until I picked it up. The best advice I have is stay on top of both ranger and your dealership to make sure one isn’t sitting around waiting in the other. Ask to be included in all emails. They did make the real air and it looks great just to a longggg time.

Tight lines

where can I read about the Vexus boat with poor welds?
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    where can I read about the Vexus boat with poor welds?

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=998034

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast