Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Had an '04 295 Pro XL, nice boat, but too small of a front deck.

My current '09 201 XLE is a great boat, handles the big water, but again, the front of the front deck should/could be a little wider, with less taper.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

2. Member
    Easily the most difficult wiring routing I have come across. The hidden circuit breaker panel was a nice surprise. The tunnel along side the boat is a bear to try to run wires with no straight shot to feed anything forward or aft. If anyone knows any tips or tricks i am listening.

3. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dricha21 View Post
    Easily the most difficult wiring routing I have come across. The hidden circuit breaker panel was a nice surprise. The tunnel along side the boat is a bear to try to run wires with no straight shot to feed anything forward or aft. If anyone knows any tips or tricks i am listening.
    What year/model?
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

4. Member
    2003 201 pro xl

5. Member
    Does anyone know if the compartment lights are wired in series so if one bulb goes out it kills the whole lighting circuit? Also have a switch labeled fish box lights. What the heck is that? I looked in the livewells and see no lights in there. What could that mean?

6. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    My 2003 200 PXL has the fishbox switch and no no lights in the boxes. The lights were an option. The wires are pre-wired to the back of the livewells.

There will be two sets of wires back in your bilge, and I believe they are marked, just for lights. I added red led lights inside each well and drilled a tiny hole for the wires. I filled the holes with marine grade silicone. Now I have fish lights.

7. Member
    I have an 03 201 and I love the boat. I didnt like the dash layout and how limited I was with installing depth finders and I didnt like that my gas gauge was never correct. I fixed both problems. Replaced the sending unit with a longer unit that corrected my gas gauge problem and made a new dash piece from Aluminum and some brackets to support it so I could dash mount 2 depth finders. I now have 2 HDS units mounted side by side on the dash. Had to eliminate the speedo which wasnt hooked up anyway and move the tach to the center between the finders.

8. Member
    I have an 03 201 and I love the boat. I didnt like the dash layout and how limited I was with installing depth finders and I didnt like that my gas gauge was never correct. I fixed both problems.

What sending unit did you buy. I have a 2005 200 Pro XL & don't trust that the guage is correct. Can put $35 worth of gas in it and it still only shows half a tank. Can run it all day & it still shows about half a tank, moves very little either way but it does move some.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ameneddie View Post
    I have an 03 201 and I love the boat. I didnt like the dash layout and how limited I was with installing depth finders and I didnt like that my gas gauge was never correct. I fixed both problems.

What sending unit did you buy. I have a 2005 200 Pro XL & don't trust that the guage is correct. Can put $35 worth of gas in it and it still only shows half a tank. Can run it all day & it still shows about half a tank, moves very little either way but it does move some.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....460&highlight=

Here is a link to the post I did about it. Yours is different than what I experienced. Mine would move it just never read right. When it was full it read full but then when it went down to E I still had 1/2 tank in there. The sending unit that was in it didnt read very well, it read E an inch and half from the end of the rod and the rod was to far off the bottom. I bought a longer sending unit that got down close to, almost on, the bottom of the tank and it read E closer to the end of the rod so it works well now.

10. Member
    Thanks Kbass for the info.

11. Member
    2007 201 pro xl - what is with the hump on the upper part of the seat? Totally fine if you don’t wear a life jacket or run an inflatable. Put a standard jacket on and no way can you sit comfortably.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12