I would not know a collectable from junk.

I have all of my fathers fishing gear. It dates from the early 1950's probably through 1970. The newer stuff he had I can figure out. I have a lot of wooden lures and thats where I get lost. They are used but overall great shape. He has older spoons too but I don't believe these are special.

He didn't keep too many of his older reels as he updated to Shumano in the 80's and the same with the rods. What is left are the old level line reels, Cardinal 3, 4 and a larger one I forget the number. Of course he kept his Mitchels the 300 and another one with an auto bail. I pretty much figured these out so I use them when I want to remember dad. He loved to fish and I still have over 12 of his Shumano reels.

In any event I might start using some of the wooden lures again. How can I tell if maybe one of them is a collectable lure and should probably retire. My honest guess is that they are all common.

2. Member
    Either upload pics on here or PM me and I'll try to help you out with the wood lures. They may all be common, but it's definitely a good idea to check. Who knows

3. Member
    There are books that will let you figure out what you have and get you close to value

4. Member
    Joes Old Lures website, their message board has a wealth of knowledge.